New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    my wife needs to replace her O2 mini, according to the O2 service center here 'its beyond repair, i-junk na po nyo yan'. Anyway after researching the available pda/phone combination i came up with these 3 units. Has anyone had experience in using these phones? They're similarly spec except the Dopod and O2 are priced higher (38k+) compared to the Touce (24k?). These three models also are the smaller pda/phone combos available so small form factor is a requirement.. Help naman peeps... wifey is just so used to using windows mobile (sync with outlook, abundant softwares like listpro, and some games to keep her occupied hehe) suggestions anyone? TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    kng ako i'd get the htc touch. i like my gadgets small. mas bulky kasi yng dopod and o2 compared to the touch.
    but sabi ng iba medyo mabagal daw. still have to try it out myself though...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by strutot View Post
    Help naman peeps... wifey is just so used to using windows mobile (sync with outlook, abundant softwares like listpro, and some games to keep her occupied hehe) suggestions anyone? TIA
    I don't know if it's already here but Palm is releasing a new pda phone called Centro. It's priced at about $400 in the US.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Palm Introduces Centro Entry-Level Smartphone
    Sascha Segan(PC MAG)
    The smallest Palm smartphone yet, the Centro (don't call it a Treo!) is a little black or red lozenge of 4.3 by 2.1 by 0.75 inches and 4.2 ounces, with a bright yet small 2.2-inch, 320-by-320 color screen, and a full keyboard of small, raised, close-together keys. That makes it smaller than the Treo, but larger and heavier than a Blackberry Pearl. The keyboard will surely be the most controversial aspect of the Centro. While I found the keys much too small the first time I saw the phone, they seemed more manageable the second time I used it.

Inside, you basically have a Treo 755p—just shrunk down. The Centro runs on Sprint's high-speed EV-DO Rev 0 network, though Sprint says it won't be upgradeable to the even faster Rev A. It runs the four-year-old Palm Garnet operating system, the elderly but functional Blazer 4.5 Web browser, and Palm's VersaMail e-mail application, which supports Microsoft Exchange Direct Push. Sprint also provided its own e-mail application for easy access to Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo! accounts, an IM application, a blogging app, and access to Sprint TV and Sprint's over-the-air downloadable music store.

Two new applications stand out: the latest version of Documents To Go, the best Microsoft Office-compatible application for any platform; and PocketTunes Deluxe, which lets the Centro sync with Windows Media Player to play even purchased and subscription WMA music files, from services like Rhapsody and Napster. You can store music or files on a MicroSD card of up to 4GB, but you can't play music over Bluetooth wireless headsets without a third-party hack.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *icon thanks for the tip. its true mas bulky and dopod and O2 but its the same size as the mini she's currently using so ok lang sa kanya yung size.
    *Eismann, thanks, will check it out also.
    No acutal experiences for the phones above?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    up ko lang... went ahead and bought the atom life...at 39990 12 months zero interest at ambassador... my wifey seems to like it better than the mini... plus free upgrade to wm6... no minisd card included though

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im leaning towards the touch, this would be perfect if your wife doesnt have any processor intensive software installed. Medyo slow kasi.

Dopod d810 or O2 Atom Life or HTC Touch