New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    gurus out there please help...
    am experiencing this annoying pop out doctor antivirus warning from my kids lappy and saying it has detected harmful or potentially dangerous viruses and spyware.

guess one of my kid tried to install this doctor antivirus but retreated when prompted with the buy or register prompt. also tried with same result. please help how to get rid of this annoying on and off warning! can't find from the installed programs either

btw, AVG antivirus free version and spyware doctor were installed on their lappy. tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can't you not uninstall it?
    if you can't do a systems restore to the date where this was installed.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Another method is:
    1. re-install it
    2. install Total Uninstall software
    3. uninstall the AV with Total Uninstall. Total Uninstall will remove all junk files of an application. It is an alternative uninstaller to Windows Add Remove Programs to remove programs completely
    4. problem solved.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    can't you not uninstall it?
    if you can't do a systems restore to the date where this was installed.
    hindi ako po sigurado kong installed na sya dahil wala naman sa installed programs (using control panel at programs installed folders). restore date ay hanggang april 2008 lang (siguro earlier date ito na "install=diagnostic test").
    Another method is:
    1. re-install it
    2. install Total Uninstall software
    3. uninstall the AV with Total Uninstall. Total Uninstall will remove all junk files of an application. It is an alternative uninstaller to Windows Add Remove Programs to remove programs completely
    4. problem solved.
    sinubukan ko na po sya pero gustong magbayad ako ng 50$ hehehe.
    para bang diagnostic test using this AV program pero pag nagawa mo na yung test ay no turning back. meron po bang ibang paraan? pasensya na po kasi limited lang ang alam ko pag ito na ang pag-uusapan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one thing i've thought about is to make the drastic move...
    remove it via windows registry. search mo all strings related to the program.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    try to uninstall in safemode.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    double post...
    Last edited by Gumusut_Amige; July 30th, 2008 at 06:04 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    one thing i've thought about is to make the drastic move...
    remove it via windows registry. search mo all strings related to the program.
    tried ko na po going to windows registry pero di ko makita. meron 1 folder Doctor2008 delete ko na sya pero after reboot andoon na naman. hindi ko ma-attach yung print screen sa registry editor
    kailangan na siguro to call my expert technician.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    So isa ka sa mga natamaan nito.

DoctorAntivirus 2008 is the reincarnation of well known Antivirus 2008 rogue anti-spyware. Doctor Antivirus 2008 will show fake error messages and spyware detection reports to trick you into buy "registered" version of this malware. In addition it may steal personal data and cause system crashes. We recomend to get rid of Doctor Antivirus 2008 immediately.
    ----
    use manual removal instructions

Source(s):

http://fix-computer-problem.com/rogue-an...

Kung walang effect, paki update nalang at marami pang source kung paano ma resolve yan.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; July 31st, 2008 at 01:56 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    * GUMUSUT
    Disregards the first link above my bayad doon. Try this one just follow the directions exactly on this link.

http://forum.securitycadets.com/index.ph...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Doctor Antivirus warning pops out always...pls help