New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you have two (or more) celfone accounts? (SUN & someone else)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Globe & SUN

8 50.00%
  • Smart & SUN

4 25.00%
  • Just one celfone account

3 18.75%
  • I don't have a celfone

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you have two (or more) celfones? Which networks are you connected to?

I mean, personally I have a celfone which is connected to ????? and another one which is SUN. And that's my complaint. It used to be SUN's service is "somewhat" decent enough to consider it but the voice call quality really sucks the last few weeks. I really love using my ????? since it gives me crystal clear voice calls and quick SMS send receive capability. Costwise, it is hard to beat SUN but I tend to use it less and less often for voice calls because:

- bad voice call quality
    - always gets cut off during the call
    - service is busy
    - no signal or very weak signal in that area

I just cannot understand why SUN cannot achieve the same voice call quality as other providers.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Three...

Smart & Globe & Jawal (STC)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    gamit ko ngayon yung myphone na dual sim. yung globe and smart ko sabay ko ng nagagamit. dati 2 pa cell ko ngayon 1 na lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. for Globe & Sun

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang choice for Globe & Smart? Yan ang gamit ko now, from Globe & Sun. Bad trip Sun, average ko siguro 10 tries before I'll be connected. Buti nalang, naambunan ng corporate account si esmi, yung new Smart line nya, unlimited call & text to Smart and PLDT landline. Kaya i ditched my Sun prepaid and got a Smart prepaid. So kung need ko call si esmi, mag miss call lang ako sa kanya and she'll call me back para free

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Do you have two (or more) celfones? Which networks are you connected to?

I mean, personally I have a celfone which is connected to ????? and another one which is SUN. And that's my complaint. It used to be SUN's service is "somewhat" decent enough to consider it but the voice call quality really sucks the last few weeks. I really love using my ????? since it gives me crystal clear voice calls and quick SMS send receive capability. Costwise, it is hard to beat SUN but I tend to use it less and less often for voice calls because:

- bad voice call quality
    - always gets cut off during the call
    - service is busy
    - no signal or very weak signal in that area

I just cannot understand why SUN cannot achieve the same voice call quality as other providers.
    i used to have two units/sims on my previous company. its because the company pays for the main line and bawal ang personal calls. pero pag sms ubra dahil hindi naman nila ma checheck kung personal o business.

but now, since i am paying for my own (using my company provided allowance), isa na lang gamit ko.

i think the reason why sun cannot achieve the same quality as other providers is that they are using the 900/1900 band instead of the 900/1800 band. if your phone is a dual band, most probably, its on the 900/1800 band and pag sun ang gamit mo, you only use the 900 band. but i think its better if M2 can clarify this too.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; February 4th, 2008 at 06:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tried it once. sobrang hassle for me. company doesnt mind personal calls naman. now im stuck with smart.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Personal(Smart), and company-issued(Globe)....

5303:burp:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm currently using only Sun... well yes... there are times that congestion is pretty bad (since where we live has one of the highest network congestion) but I can live with it. The indoor reception at our house though is kinda weak but as soon as I step out on the porch it improves dramatically. SMS is pretty reliable already for me, no more late or lost messages lately.

I used to have a Globe line also but I had it disconnected a few years back since I can't anymore use up the 500 MSF that they were charging me.

1D4LV, AFAIK they are primarily using the 1800mhz band... that's why some really old single band units (think 5110) cannot be used.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope only 1 (SMART)...don't think I needed two phones to do the same functions....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Do you have two celfones?