New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just wondering cause others say i can get viruses but others say not...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doesn't matter where you download, the issue is the file you've downloaded, if that's infected, it makes zero difference whether you got it from LW/*******/HTTP/FTP/etc...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if i only download music files like .mp3, .wma etc? do music files from limewire safe and doesn't contain viruses?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like I said, it depends... If the mp3/wma file was infected with a virus, it doesn't matter where you download it, it'll infect your PC. It's the file, not where you downloaded it from.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    short answer, yes. its happened to me before.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    file sharing? yes, mataas ang risk. di nga lang sing grabe ng **** sites.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    naku kaya pala yung isa kong computer.. tsktsk ano kaya pde kong gawin para ma avoid ang magka virus when download?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I stopped using Lime na. So many deadly diseases like those Trojans, W32 worms :oooh:

I switched back to my 'non-updated' Bearshare. Non-updated means the stock form that does not auto link with Limewire. Nearly zero disease for more than a year now

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    having two pcs like a desktop and a laptop will definitely nice,,

use your 1st pc for your net surfing,download etc then scan what you downloaded then transfer to your 2nd pc and use it as an storage of important files,,

viruses cant be avoided especially **** vids,sites, etc...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Naku, ang daming viruses dyan. Sometimes fake pa yung file. I switched to bearshare for mp3s although it corrupts pc registry integrity with spywares. Same with *******s. Read favorable comments on *******s before downloading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
do you get virus(es) when you download from Limewire?