New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Has anyone tried reversing the ref door hinges by themselves? Hassle yung opening ng fridge, nakaharang sa daanan, kaya gusto ko ilipat. Just wanted to get some info on what to look out for or what to be careful of.

I'm thinking I might void the warranty, but hopefully, if I do a clean enough job, di mahahalata na hindi "gawa sa casa" yung palit ng hinge if and when I need to do a warranty claim.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    malalaman nila yun dahil sa serial number

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Isn't there a ref that can be opened both ways? I really wanted to get one of those, after my old ref conked-out... Sayang wala ako makita.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    malalaman nila yun dahil sa serial number
    How so?

The serial number is on the body, and the same door will be used. The hinges and door handles just have to be moved to the other side of the ref. All the parts are interchangeable kaya no new parts are needed.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hintayin mo nalang matapos warranty...pero kung super tagal pa..well

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Isn't there a ref that can be opened both ways? I really wanted to get one of those, after my old ref conked-out... Sayang wala ako makita.
    I think meron nga ganun. You'll probably find them if you go to the german brands (Bosch, AEG, Miele, etc).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Contact the warrantor and ask about it ... otherwise, wait for the end of the warranty.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ata lahat ng ref pwede. Check the net if yours is capable of being reversed. May instructions naman sa net. Try Popular Mechanics, etc.

Wala naman electric components ang pinto ng ref so you don't have any wiring to worry about.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    had a Whirlpool Ref (yung stainless), had the doors reversed by their tech guy costs me 500.00 bucks..

Last edited by _Qwerty_; July 28th, 2006 at 08:08 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak
    had a Whirlpool Ref (yung stainless), had the doors reversed by their tech guy costs me 500.00 bucks..
    Did it look like it was difficult to do? Would you say you could've done it yourself?

With my fridge, it looks pretty plain and simple, all the holes and grooves on the other side are capped with plastic bits. Takot lang ako that I might nick the edges when I try to remove those covers. Tsaka one of the door hinges might come off if I don't undo them in the proper order (i.e. pag natanggal na yung 2 bottom hinges, the top one would be the only one supporting the door. I'd need 6 arms to remove them all at the same time). Hmmm... I'm going to have a look again later when I get home.
    Last edited by kevinp; July 28th, 2006 at 08:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
DIY: Reversing refrigerator door hinges