New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    depends on the manufacturer. some have a zero bad pixel policy. more expensive.

always bring a pixel checker program on a usb stick whenever buying LCDs
    pano to? i believe para sa mga lcd to sa pc, what if yung pang HT? wala naman kadalasang pc sa mga appliances stores.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It is because of globalization or multisourcing. I remember when I was looking at some Samsung LCDs more than a year ago, for the same model of Samsung LCD monitor, there are at least 3 suppliers of the LCD panels and each has its own share of problems and issues....

So I needed to look at the back of the LCD monitor to ascertain if it came from the best supplier (based on entries in various forums). However, later on, when Samsung realized this, the identification was removed from the back of the LCD monitor and placed in the setup configuration...

I ended up buying an LCD monitor from LG....

6610:secret:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    pano to? i believe para sa mga lcd to sa pc, what if yung pang HT? wala naman kadalasang pc sa mga appliances stores.

bring laptop and vga cable

or make red green blue black white JPEGS and store them on your digicam then output via tv-out

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    btw some asus models have "zero bright dot" guarantee. i suppose that's only for hot pixels. dead pixels probably aren't covered...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    this is my experience:

bumili ako ng 22" LG (2252WTQ ata ung model); after a few days, me dead pixel. had it replaced with another model, pagbukas nag pagbukas ko, me dead pixel uli! Buti na lang on the third try wala na

nakakastress talaga...but i guess as technology progresses di tlaga maiiwasan ung defects. just make sure you buy from someone na madaling kausap.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    How many dead pixels bro? And, how far are they apart from each other? Usually, may certain level of tolerance iyan sa mga manufacturers. I would assume na talagang obvious and mga dead pixels ng unit mo dahil madali mong nai-sauli ang 2 units....

6707:choir:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    it was a hot pixel after all, however, the DVI doesn't work so had to return it. still waiting for the replacement ever since a week before posting my dilemmas here. I'm using a service unit 17" LCD.

the first one had backlight problems, the problem was sporadic, so I had a hard time proving my problem...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    One dead pixel means a lot of trouble to me... baka in the future magprogress pa yan na parang bacteria. If halos lahat ng Samsung LCD monitor may dead pixel it would be better for me to buy another brand. Nakakapagdalawang isip tuloy kung Samsung LCD pa ang bibilin ko... pero so far kasi its the best LCD available (at least for me...) next to LG. I dunno if ok ba ang Acer, AOC or Viewsonic. 19" lang siguro ok na for my everyday use, importante lang yung widescreen na maganda ang backlight.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    but i guess as technology progresses di tlaga maiiwasan ung defects.
    This is sometimes true. Of all the LCD TV's and monitors that I have at home only one gave me a problem, the HP1502 desktop monitor, though the problem was not pixel-related.

The problem turned out to be defective (leaking) capacitors from a specific manufacturer (Hermei). All other makes were OK. The monitor uses a generic board that can also be found in monitors with different brands such as Compaq, Iyama, BenQ, Dell, etc. Even if the fault falls squarely on Hermei, you can just imagine the bad rep these brands got because of one capacitor manufacturer.

To be a bit on the fair side, the monitor is already old and probably way past its expected lifespan. I just don't want to throw away something that I can still fix (cheaply).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dillemas on buying LCD Monitors