New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    featured article sa Yahoo ngayon tong digital frame bug....

http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/null/66647

I've seen this digiframe at Bestbuy.....and I think they're pretty neat. with the right kind of camera, ang ganda ng resolution sa frame plus parang slideshow sya.

but anyway my question is does anybody here tried using these? i was just thinking, ang haba naman yata ng cable kakailanganin mo kung ko-connect pa sa computer assuming sa living room mo idi-display at nasa kwarto ang desktop.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    possible kayang gawing primary monitor yung ganyang digital frame?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I gave my aunt one of these last christmas (Philips 6.5"). You don't need to attach it to your computer since all you need is to stick your memory card in the slots provided. However, there is a USB option if connecting to a PC is necessary.

I don't think it will pass as a PC monitor since resolution and refresh rate is not designed to handle the demands of a graphics intensive machine. Just my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    I gave my aunt one of these last christmas (Philips 6.5"). You don't need to attach it to your computer since all you need is to stick your memory card in the slots provided. However, there is a USB option if connecting to a PC is necessary.

I don't think it will pass as a PC monitor since resolution and refresh rate is not designed to handle the demands of a graphics intensive machine. Just my opinion.

ah ok, that makes sense.

i actually considering getting one.......thanks sa reply bro

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think CDR King sells digital photo frames.

Digital photo frames doesn't have VGA inputs, unless you can output video from your PC through USB ports, you can't use these as monitors.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just a small advise when buying a digital photoframe. If you can bring a SD card with a sample of your pictures, do so. This will let you test the photoframes actual performance in displaying pictures, especially in the detail & color departments.

In my search, I have found that photoframes with resolutions below 800x600 do not really display images well, resulting in blocky edges and poor color reproduction.

Photoframes with 800x600 or higher resolutions are a bit more expensive but the clarity of the details makes with worth it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hate those things, first of all, most of these displays can't even be calibrated, the colors are way off and the display resolution stinks....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I hate those things, first of all, most of these displays can't even be calibrated, the colors are way off and the display resolution stinks....
    Thats why you have to test them before buying. Some are actually very good as I have canvassed in Hong Kong. The cheapest range of digital photo frames are usually garbage.

digital photo frame