New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    may service center dito ang pentax sa sanley located in cubao.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm using a Pentax Optio S4. So far ok naman performance. I got it from edmondy. I originally bought an Optio S pero after 4 months, ayaw na mag flash. Gave it back to edmondy where he sent it back to HongKong for servicing. Instead of servicing it, they recomended changing the unit nalang pero phase out na Optio S so S4 nalang pinalitan. Pentax service center here in Phils. does not service Digicams. I inquired from them kasi. Papadala pa nila daw sa Japan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm using a pentax optio s for more than a year now, so far hindi pa naman nasisira. sobrang bihira lang naman nagkakaproblema mga digicams, especially mga better brands.
    yung sa case ni wiretap_md is very isolated lang naman, tapos maayos pang kausap si edmondy, naging optio s4 pa yung digicam nya. btw, wiretap_md, wala ka bang dinagdag sa optio s4?

so kung kilala mo yang nagaalok sayo and may tiwala ka sa kanya na in very good condition pa yang cam or brand new talaga, grab it na. ok na yang price na yan.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba monitor ng pentax s4? 2" na ba? if not, i suggest you go for the Casio Exilim 4MP series. Pentax din naman ang yung lens, yun lang nga mas madugo ang price by around 3000 pesos.

Even better IMO, get a 5MP camera. ang daming murang 5MP digicams in the 20-25k level.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tnx for the helpful answers po.. i might go to the mall and check out canon and casio narin po.. pag konti lang diff.. i might get casio/canon.. hehe so... pentax din pala lens ng casio tnx for that info... ayaw kasi ng dad ko ng casio dati.. dahil sabi nya.. ndi daw manufacturer ng lens yun.. hehe tnx alot

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi: Yup, ok talaga kausapin si edmondy. I added just a little amount pero reasonable na and fair enough to warrant and upgrade to S4.

A lot of people always consume the amount of megapixels in a digicam as a benchmark as to how good a digicam is. Yes, I agree that higher megapixles mean better pictures - IF - and let me stress this point... only if you plan to PRINT your pictures to sizes larger than 8.5x11. Pero if you're the type who doesn't print (or if ever you do, 3R hanggag 5R ang size) or merely view the pictures on your monitor, a 2 or 3megapixel digicam is sufficient for your needs. Anything higher than that is overkill.

Just my 2 cents opinion...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    6MP up cameras are already being mass marketed as we speak. I see no reason to stick with 4MP cams when 5MPs are available at the same price.

Im using an Olympus C-50 Zoom which i got for 24k. The Olympus Lens really rocks, it has optical zoom (a must), as well as a 5MP CCD imager.

Tama ka Doc Phil, there's really an advantage in printing, but IMO, the bigger the picture you get well..... the bigger the picture youre getting

This is very very advantageous for taking images for editing (photoshopping)...... and besides, if you really do need a smaller image, you can always select a smaller picture size..... something youll miss out on if youre limited to 4MPs.

BTW, speaking of Digicams, im gonna sell mine soon and replace it with Sony's sleek DSC-T1. Uber Geek Cam!!!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    A higher megapixel count would not necessarily translate to better photo quality since other factors would come into play such as the camera lens, the camera's built-in image processing, etc.

If you will use the digicam mainly for developing 4 x 6 pics or for viewing on the PC, then a 3 to 4 megapixel cam will do. Just make it a point to use the max. resolution to make the most out of your shots.

For a 20k to 25k budget, make it a point to check out the Canon Powershot A series (the newer models with Digic). You can also check digicam reviews at www.dpreview.com.

With that budget, you should also be able to buy a 128 or 256 MB CF memory card.

Lastly, before buying digicams in a mall. Try HIDALGO Street in Quiapo.
    Last edited by IronMan; June 10th, 2004 at 07:32 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...or better yet, have someone buy it from Hong Kong.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas mura sa singapore ;)

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Digital Cameras