New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hopefully may mga makatulong... I'm thinking of making our operations more efficient.. one area is efficiency sa fuel..

we process foods and therefore we use heating for cooking... may mga units na diesel fired ang lutuan... traditionally ang perception was matipid diesel (of course compared to electric oven or stove.. mas mura talaga diesel)... other option is LPG... in the past di kami gano particular sa tempertuare control... so therefore nasa experience lang talaga ng mga nagluluto sa amin to maintain quality.. in recent years.. we've upgraded our technology to put in temperature control para mastabilize ang quality.. and to also help the operators who are less experienced...

pero sa dulo... diesel pa rin gamit namin for a particular burner... may option now na possible alternative na available same type.. LPG naman fuel.. with the same controls for temperature... I'm tempted... however... going back to the science of it all..

in terms of heat capacity.. san ba mas efficient dapat? diesel? LPG? for the same heat requirement (assuming parehong efficient yung burners)... san ba dapat mas mababa ang fuel consumption ? ( di pa kasama yung price per unit applied to the fuel consumption)? then eventually, in terms of peso value (price per unit of fuel x consumption = total fuel cost) san ba dapat (ideally) better?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In terms of heating capacity, diesel offers more energy/volume than LPG.

As for the cheaper fuel to use... you might have to do your own computation.

LINK: http://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&rc...41248874,d.aGc

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Bro, sa tutuo lang, i am at a lost, what is a diesel fired burner? engine based ba yan? o parang gas stove using diesel?? Sori, igno ako dito.

The reason I am asking this querries is that you could use our technology which is the LPG STOVE FUEL SAVER. Its operation is simple. At the moment, we are using a working prototype on our double burner stove. There is one drawback, however, it make the gas so dense that it sometimes clog the nozzle. Regular cleaning of the 'nozzle' is required (about once or twice a month.) If you are interested, pls let me know. GH, kumusta?

Thanks for providing info on HHV values. I will be providing this info to support our application for patent at IPO. I had only provided info on the regional requirements of HHV in the Pacific region, Spain, Japan, etc.. tnx again.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sorry for the OT but i guess since for business/industrial use...Just to share, recently while availing a new laundry service in our area, i noticed na they have plenty of LPG tanks sa store which we see in a regular basis sa resto, bar, or other food establishment but not in a laundry...i ask the attendant kung para san yun ang to my surprise, yung machines nila for laundry are lpg powered...Mas matipid nga kaya if your using lpg to run such equipments?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    LPG for laundry service is used in drying clothes.. may heat source yun para mapabilis ang pag dry... domestic use units involve electric heaters.. while for commercial / industrial use, LPG ang gamit ...

sa worksheet given sa taas.. unit was BTU/gal... is that gal of lpg or yung galloon of the gas itself (na gas form na na lpg)... sa lpg kasi di ba we buy the liquid form (be it in tank or as dispensed in the stations) but actually burn the gas / vapors formed from the liquid form... sa diesel direct diesel ang sinisindihan eh...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    LPG for laundry service is used in drying clothes.. may heat source yun para mapabilis ang pag dry... domestic use units involve electric heaters.. while for commercial / industrial use, LPG ang gamit ...

sa worksheet given sa taas.. unit was BTU/gal... is that gal of lpg or yung galloon of the gas itself (na gas form na na lpg)... sa lpg kasi di ba we buy the liquid form (be it in tank or as dispensed in the stations) but actually burn the gas / vapors formed from the liquid form... sa diesel direct diesel ang sinisindihan eh...
    clothes driers are just ovens. there are electric ovens, and there are lpg-heated ovens. electric ovens have better temperature control, and lpg ovens are actually cheaper to operate, what with the absurd cost of local electricity..
    diesel fuel has more energy content than lpg, and its local price is politically protected.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    clothes driers are just ovens. there are electric ovens, and there are lpg-heated ovens. electric ovens have better temperature control, and lpg ovens are actually cheaper to operate, what with the absurd cost of local electricity..
    diesel fuel has more energy content than lpg, and its local price is politically protected.
    based on the numbers nga presented... diesel has more energy content vs lpg...and i also agree that diesel prices (fuel in general) are politically protected... however.. in detail I am trying to explore :

1. okay may data na that diesel is better in terms of energy per volume by 50% vs LPG so say assuming same capacity ng burner, if I use Diesel, and switch to LPG, I should expect about 50% difference in fuel consumption (theoretical)

2. however, due to certain inefficiencies and also possibly due to the political protection, baka may ibang factors that can affect the comparison.. and in those factors.. lalabas na mas tipid pa rin LPG (big inefficiencies that would be really be big enough to cover for the 50% gap in energy content per unit volume between the two)... magkaiba ba ang excise tax na ipinataw ng gobyerno natin sa diesel vs lpg? saan mas mataas? by how much? for diesel, factor yung pag atomize ng diesel particles para madaling iburn.. but for lpg... it is the gas that we burn and not the liquid.. so between the liquid to gas.. are there inefficiencies (caused by storage, piping, etc) ? if so how will this affect the comparison? sa distribution side... same lang ang costs / margins ng supply chain ng diesel vs lpg? it will also affect the price to the consumer (whether it be domestic or industrial consumer)... sa diesel burners.. there are impurities sa diesel (kahit may fuel filter na sa linya) that somehow affects the emissions (kaya kailangan linisan yung heat exchangers namin from time to time)... how much inefficiency does the impurities impact on the burning efficiency of the fuel? i've interviewed some end users of lpg burners na they don't have to clean from time to time since emissions ng lpg is really clean ... baka dito pa lang lalabas lamang na ang lpg (even without factoring in cost of maintenance to clean up) etc...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The biggest advantage of LPG is the clean burn. Lower emissions and no soot to clean up in the heat exchangers. I have not personally seen a diesel burning oven so I cannot say how often it should be cleaned and how difficult it is to do.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Diesel burner would be more fuel efficient than LPG unless lumabas na locally ang CNG. Sa diesel, pede mo naman i-adulterate yan with used cooking oil which retails at around P25/liter (crude coco oil is now down also at P31/kg). Mixing these oils with your diesel will give you some sort of "bio-diesel" which will burn cleaner too than regular diesel.