New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The only reason I was using Win XP still was Pacific Fighters. But now.... Yaay!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    It's pretty good. No hardware issues so far although most of my hardware dates back from 2005 or prior. The only exceptions are the HP printer and Samsung LCD from last year both of which work fine.
    vista drivers based ba hanap niya? because the 6801 it was... they say Xp based daw eh... kaya nga na enganyo ako mag download... eh vista drivers rin naman pala...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    vista drivers based ba hanap niya? because the 6801 it was... they say Xp based daw eh... kaya nga na enganyo ako mag download... eh vista drivers rin naman pala...
    Let's see. If I recall correctly, I was able to use XP drivers in Vista. So, Vista drivers should work and XP drivers may work with Win 7.

Also, my Toshiba laptop came with Vista Home Premium. When I "downgraded" it to XP Home for several months, I was able to use some of the Vista hardware drivers with XP Home. I can't remember which ones though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Let's see. If I recall correctly, I was able to use XP drivers in Vista. So, Vista drivers should work and XP drivers may work with Win 7.

Also, my Toshiba laptop came with Vista Home Premium. When I "downgraded" it to XP Home for several months, I was able to use some of the Vista hardware drivers with XP Home. I can't remember which ones though.
    was it forced driver install? kung simple, basic installation kasi, it will not detect an XP driver.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    just installed a modded XP called "Windows XP Extreme Se7en" on my old rig. it's a lite version/loaded with themes

it is fast, even a bit faster on my gaming than my last clean installed XP. it even looks very nice for an XP. but I remove some programs/themes that significantly reduce performance...

it is a bit buggy, but fixable though...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Wallpaper - HMS Royal George
    Theme - Curvy VS
    Apps Launcher - XWindows Dock
    Icons - Buuf

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post

was it forced driver install? kung simple, basic installation kasi, it will not detect an XP driver.
    I'd say it's a forced driver install (the downgrade to XP). The devices worked fine with no hiccups using Vista drivers. My laptop was supposed to be non-downgradeable to XP. But, I did a search for Toshiba XP laptops with similar hardware to mine and used their drivers for the devices which didn't take Vista drivers.

For Win7Beta, Windows Update found all the drivers online right off the bat. I added the laptop utilities from the Vista restore dvd's.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My current desktop:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My windows 7 build 7077

Desktop Screenshots (merged)