The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    hmmm...i am reading this article on a Dell laptop that is in my lap

if that happens to me right now say goodbye to junior :evillaugh
    pareho tayo!!!

bigla akong napatayo at nilagay sa mesa!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ
    yep, may recall ng batteries since last year. if you have a dell portable check this website para ma tignan nyo kung kasama kayo sa recall.

https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/Default.aspx

thanks for the link. pasok ang laptop model ko pero yun battery model exempted.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    no problem. buti na lang di kasama, kundi baka nag mission impossible yung data mo..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    This article looks like a smear campaign against the PC giant Dell.

Points to Consider:

The flame is too much, an impossibility since there's no flammable fluid in laptops aside from battery cells assemblies which didn't flame up in this case based on the pics (no big flames from the back where the battery is). It's too small anyway that it can't possibly produce a flame that big.

From the looks of it, probably a flame from a lighter fluid (zippo).

If it's not premeditated or planned, the user should have burns on his hand and forearms or sleeves or both. No report about it, ergo, probably none.

And it's hard to tell what model it is because it's too far, sure it's not XPS, Inspiron nor Precision. It resembles a Latitude though but that series of Dell is expensive and built with high quality standards, therefore, this blaze is for sure, a smear campaign.

Sure, this is an opinion of someone who supplies Dell to a good number of inviduals and corporations locally but i can easily sell you Apple HP or Sony but then, i still remain that this is a smear campaign against Dell. I mean just look at the impossibly big blaze on the keyboard. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    This article looks like a smear campaign against the PC giant Dell.

Points to Consider:

The flame is too much, an impossibility since there's no flammable fluid in laptops aside from battery cells assemblies which didn't flame up in this case based on the pics (no big flames from the back where the battery is). It's too small anyway that it can't possibly produce a flame that big.

From the looks of it, probably a flame from a lighter fluid (zippo).

If it's not premeditated or planned, the user should have burns on his hand and forearms or sleeves or both. No report about it, ergo, probably none.

And it's hard to tell what model it is because it's too far, sure it's not XPS, Inspiron nor Precision. It resembles a Latitude though but that series of Dell is expensive and built with high quality standards, therefore, this blaze is for sure, a smear campaign.

Sure, this is an opinion of someone who supplies Dell to a good number of inviduals and corporations locally but i can easily sell you Apple HP or Sony but then, i still remain that this is a smear campaign against Dell. I mean just look at the impossibly big blaze on the keyboard. hehehe.

My thoughts exactly

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i'd rather treat this as an isolated incident, not as a smear campaign or anything. there are millions of dell systems all around and just because one caught fire doesn't mean that the others will. marami rin namang possible factors yan like dust bunnies (hehehe) that thrived inside the system due to not cleaning it or something.

official word from dell is that they are investigating the matter and will not release anything else until 100% sure sila on what caused the incident.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    there were 7 reported incidents, i doubt its a smear campaign or else Dell would not have recalled the battery and set-up a website just for that sole purpose. recalls cost LOTS of money, di yan basta basta lang coz of a smear campaign IMO.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    consider the source of the article, it's the Inquirer.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    On a less sensational note, we had a client once who owned a Dell Inspiron laptop.

Kamalas-malasan niya, nag-crash yung unit. Nabura lahat ng wedding details niya, weeks before the big day.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    On a less sensational note, we had a client once who owned a Dell Inspiron laptop.

Kamalas-malasan niya, nag-crash yung unit. Nabura lahat ng wedding details niya, weeks before the big day.

yan ang masaklap !

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Dell laptop explodes at Japanese conference