New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valvura View Post
    i'm just an oridinary user of portable HDD, flash disks, CD-Rs, DVD-Rs etc., but i heard recently that the most stable and reliable for long-term digital back-up storage is digital tape. what first comes to my mind are cassette tapes that we know madaling magdikit & masira but hey, an advance technology for tapes i.e. SDLT?:
    I have used tape backup in the past and they have their place. But tape backup is NOT easy to access if you are searching for a specific file. They are useful for archiving a whole big amount of data but not useful for random access.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I looked at newegg.com and found several 500BG external hard drives selling for less than $100. One was $88.

Heck, there are several 1TB external hard drives for $99. It's becoming pointless to replace the old hard drives in external enclosures. Just buy the whole thing.

Hmmmm. Tempting........

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i would go to hdd storage than dvd storage.

like what others said, may pros and cons sa mga eto. despite of the cons of hdd, dun pa rin ako

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm also in the process of getting a 1.5TB drive for NAS. I'm already running ClarkConnect as my broadband gateway and I've configured it for NAS (Samba) a long time ago using an old 40GB HDD.

On the other hand, Octagon is selling the Buffallo Link Station Live 320GB (NAS with a built-in Bit******* client) for a little over P6k. Tempting, but I don't have an idea if the internal drive is PATA or SATA and if I'll run into problems changing it out for a larger HDD. Can't seem to find info about it anywhere. It does have a USB port to attach an external drive (then again, I don't know what's the largest supported HDD for the USB either).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    IF the head or a critical sector of the HDD failed, a retrieval service can get the data out intact (if you are willing to pay for the service).
    OT: Sir ghosthunter, where/what shops offer this retrieval service? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    OT: Sir ghosthunter, where/what shops offer this retrieval service? Thanks.
    Try this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=data+retrieval+service+philippines

:google:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Data Storage: HDD vs DVD