New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Guys, patulong naman.

The CD-R into which I burned my photos is corrupted.

Does anybody know a way to recover all the data/photos?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    Guys, patulong naman.

Depends on why you can't read it. Physical damage (scratches) or actual media degrading. You can try using a different CD-ROM drive which might be more sensitive than the one you are currently using.

You can still recover from physical scratches as long at it's not too deep. But if the media itself is degrading (as with some ubber cheap CDRs) say bye bye to your data.

For long term archiving purposes, you can't beat the durability of a real branded CD-R media.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, try mo sa ibang cd-rom. how fast yung pagkakaburn? dapat mabagal lang kasi mas sure un base sa sa experience ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    Guys, patulong naman.

Use IsoBuster or RecoverMyfiles softwares (I prefer IsoBuster). I had two damaged/corrupted CDs before and IsoBuster was able to recover it. If you are familiar with bit*******s you can download the full app here

Tip: To reduce the possibility of errors on burning your project, as a rule of thumb, choose half the speed of your media, i.e if you are working with CDs having max 24x speed, choose 12x. Good luck.
    Last edited by leinahtan; September 26th, 2008 at 06:23 PM.

Corrupted CD-R