New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi guys

i heard na meron palang electric fan na nilalagyan ng yello (correct me if im wrong as im not familiar with the proper terms) good for 4 hrs daw.. may nakasubok na ba sa inyo?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We had that in the 80s and it sucked. Waste of money. I don't know if the recent models have improved.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    hi guys

i heard na meron palang electric fan na nilalagyan ng yello (correct me if im wrong as im not familiar with the proper terms) good for 4 hrs daw.. may nakasubok na ba sa inyo?
    Its an evaporative cooler.

You place water in it and the water evaporates from a "pad" as air is blown through it. It's effective in cooling air around 5 degrees from ambient but you need to constantly refresh a room's air with outside air. If not, the room air will become too humid.

You can add ice into the water to get a bigger temperature drop.

The ones sold in DIY stores is a waste of money. You will need the bigger units that are sometimes seen at some cafes and outside restaurants. These units look industrial but are effective. But if you use these indoors, you will still need to constantly exchange inside air with outside air to avoid making the indoor air too humid.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    We had that in the 80s and it sucked. Waste of money. I don't know if the recent models have improved.
    Agree w/ Cathy & GH.

Nagkaroon kami nyan. Walang kwenta. Sayang lang pera mo dyan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bibili rin kami nito dapat dati. pwede na rin kasi kung sayo lang nakatutok. basta malamig hangin, hidni naman ako nag eexpect na makakalamig to ng room ala aircon. hehehe. kaso ang mahal din, kung presyong electric fan lang ayos lang eh. haha

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    got that free after purchasing an expensive cooking pot set.....

consumes more power than an industrial fan but less effective..... better get an airconditioning unit IMO.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    bibili rin kami nito dapat dati. pwede na rin kasi kung sayo lang nakatutok. basta malamig hangin, hidni naman ako nag eexpect na makakalamig to ng room ala aircon. hehehe. kaso ang mahal din, kung presyong electric fan lang ayos lang eh. haha

You can get similar personal cooling effect by placing a metal bowl full of ice in front of an electric fan.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can get similar personal cooling effect by placing a metal bowl full of ice in front of an electric fan.
    sounds good .. let me try

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    sounds good .. let me try

Welcome to airconditioning circa 1920s & 1930s.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    haha. kaso baka naman puro tubig na yung sahig niyo pag tagal tagal dahil sa moist ng bowl. hehehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
cooling electric fan (evaporative cooler)