New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    you can use the two outputs and use "span mode" for spanning or clone mode in your nvidia/ati control panel assuming your video card detects both screen. or you can use "force detection" too the other screen may turn black if you play movie though. to avoid this, just disable the "overlay" on your movie player.

there is also a software that is easier to use, but I forgot the name.
    I'm already using dual monitors on my PC. I just wanted add/connect an additional LCD TV to the PC so I can watch movies in the big TV.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    oh sorry. yeah you will need a splitter.

wala ba yang s-video? like 3rd connection?

I haven't tried it, and not sure about the quality, but it's worth the try using your s-vid to component.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think I recall trying this out that end up one of the vga disabled. your card might be limited to 2 simultaneous output only. unless it's a new gen Ati radeon card. but it's still worth the try since it won't cost a thing unless you don't have the svid to component.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You guys might be making it more complex than it should...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If your motherboard has a built-in video, you could also use that.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The best method to use is to regard the LCD TV as another monitor. Connecting it to the pc would result in a triple-monitor setup.

Multi-monitor has been around for Windows since Windows 98. The traditional way to get triple-monitor is with multiple video cards/chips.

ATI now has Eyefinity which allows 3 monitors on one video card: 2 on the DVI/VGA ports and 1 via Display Port. Simply buy a DVI-Display Port adapter.

I think Powercolor also has a video card that comes with 3 DVI ports.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 27th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just checked the rear of the PC, it has HDMI port pala. I forgot I already changed my motherboard. (tumatanda na talaga ako).

Can I use this HDMI port to make my setup triple monitor?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    most likely puwede. but you may need to enable the hdmi always in the bios options.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Don't forget that most video cards allow just two monitors even if both dual DVI/VGA and HDMI ports are present. You need two video chips (either 1 video card + onboard video or two video cards)for triple monitor. At least, that's been my experience.

That's why Eyefinity is important. It allows 3 monitors on one video card. But, I don't think 2 monitors on the two DVI/VGA plus one on HDMI will work. On my card, it has to be one of the following configs:

2 DVI/VGA + 1 Display Port
    1 DVI/VGA + 1 HDMI + 1 Display Port

Try it anyway. Maybe things have changed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Don't forget that most video cards allow just two monitors even if both dual DVI/VGA and HDMI ports are present. You need two video chips (either 1 video card + onboard video or two video cards)for triple monitor. At least, that's been my experience.

That's why Eyefinity is important. It allows 3 monitors on one video card. But, I don't think 2 monitors on the two DVI/VGA plus one on HDMI will work. On my card, it has to be one of the following configs:

2 DVI/VGA + 1 Display Port
    1 DVI/VGA + 1 HDMI + 1 Display Port

Try it anyway. Maybe things have changed.
    The HDMI port is on the motherboard, my dual monitors are connected to the video card, would this work?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Connecting a flat screen TV to PC with dual monitors already