The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    IMO Toshiba is well worth the price.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My experience with Acer has been crap. Had four of them in the family and all of them have had premature failures from power supply conking out, hinges disintegrating, and the motherboard dying, among others.

We tried an Asus K35 series three years ago and we were very much satisfied with it. Even the battery still works. Because of that, my brother recently bought another Asus laptop (didn't get the model).

For the enterprise, it's Dell Latitude for me.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    We had 2 Toshiba laptops, for 5 years already. Nasira lang nung pinaglaruan nung pamangkin ko na kambal. Pero okay na okay pa yun. Acer madaling masira rin, 2 years lang tinagal overheating na. Neo laptops are worst, di consistent ang quality, we bought 2 nung 2009 yung isa okay, mtagal tagal battery life yung isa overheating like a flat iron. Madali pa ma lowbatt.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    this 2009 study by SquareTrade is flawed and has been discussed so many times in TipidPC and other IT discussion sites..

"while the study looked at data from 30,000 laptops from nine manufacturers and across three different categories, in an industry which shipped 142.5 million laptops last year (2008) the "total number claimed in this report is not a statistically significant sample for a study where no attempt is made to control key variables affecting repair rates, such as comparable machine types, end users, geography, and applications."

(SquareTrade) "has a vested interested in showing scary failure rates as they have done here [as] they are in the business of selling after sale warranties."
    Last edited by red_one; March 24th, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We have a couple of laptops that are ASUS,- and they are better than our lone ACER laptop....

For the office, IBM >>> Lenovo,- not really that robust...

Our 3 desktops in the house use the ASUS Motherboard,- 3 variants of the AMD CPU na- single, dual and quad core,- all are still running well....

22.9K:toma:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    just bought an Asus X550LN for my son, had him researched and Asus and Toshiba are his choices
    finally settled for Asus because of the specs: 4th gen I7, 8 gig RAM, 2 gig memory dedicated to video card, 1TB HDD
    talaga palang good buy, even told him na "hanggang mag graduate ka nyan ha"

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    o pwede rin magka apo ka na nyan sir, his asus laptop is still working... Haha. You made a right decision for getting an Asus brand...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Toshibas are really pricey for the specs youre buying.

How about Sony's?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

afaik Sony is getting out of the PC business.

i used to be a Lenovo/Thinkpad fanboy, until i got my X230 last year, with a damaged lid, right out of the box. NASA grade laptop my *$$. Tsaka ko lang nalaman sa forums that a lot of diehard Thinkpad users have been complaining of quality since Lenovo took over.

They still got one of the best laptop keyboards out there, but that build quality issue really turned me off.

Been hearing good things about Asus laptops, though they're not as visible especially their business laptops.

To be sure though, remember these three words: backup, backup, backup -- be it to an external drive, flash drive, SD card, or the cloud.
    Last edited by badkuk; March 24th, 2014 at 10:29 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i have a 7 yr old Dell Vostro Laptop still up and running...

edit: its supposed to be 4 yr old, sorry for the typo
    Last edited by box_type; March 24th, 2014 at 10:31 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    acer laffy ko, 2 1/2 years old na 16 hours araw araw ginagamit
    minsan 10 hrs. walang patayan hindi umiinit,pag games lang umiinit
    dami na din natapos na PC games ok naman,
    walang sakit sa ulo. hindi nga tinatablan ng virus eh :hysterical:
    minsan try ko din ibang brand kapag naluma na toh, try ko kung mas maganda
    gusto ko try yung Dell or Asus pero hindi toshiba sirain HDD nun.
    naniniwala kasi ako na nasa gumagamit lang yan
    pag syonge-syonge gumagamit sirain talaga.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast