New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am having issues receiving SMS from my friend using an IP5. Since we are both non-technical people, I am not sure if the issue is with her phone or mine. I have other friends using IP but I don't get the error messages below. I can't see the smilies on the SMS she sends me. I attached a screenshot using the Note 2's default SMS and goSMS. Do I need to install or configure something?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Simple lang.

Just buy another IP5. Problem solved.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny_Lane View Post
    I am having issues receiving SMS from my friend using an IP5. Since we are both non-technical people, I am not sure if the issue is with her phone or mine. I have other friends using IP but I don't get the error messages below. I can't see the smilies on the SMS she sends me. I attached a screenshot using the Note 2's default SMS and goSMS. Do I need to install or configure something?

di ka pupunta Ortigas today Cathy?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Maybe your other friends doesn't use Emoji emoticons that's why you don't see that "error message" popping up.

I don't think there's Emoji for Android so it's just normal that your phone wont read it.

Just tell your friend to stop using Emoji's because you dont see it anyway. Just use , , :D, etc. if she feels like putting emoticons on her messages.

Same thing with Twitter. People who tweets and includes emoji emoticons on their tweets are most likely using an Apple product, and those who are using other phones or using just the PC would just see a blank box on wherever they placed the emoticon.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Simple lang.

Just buy another IP5. Problem solved.
    I like my Note 2 Plus I am not an Apple person, I just hate that I get those error messages everytime my friend sends me smilies.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Emoji's are the default smilies ba for IP? I have other friends using IP naman and I don't get those error. Probably because they don't use those emoji's nga...

I thought either of our phones had a problem.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Emoji's are the default smilies ba for IP? I have other friends using IP naman and I don't get those error. Probably because they don't use those emoji's nga...

I thought either of our phones had a problem.
    Nope. You have to download the Emoji app before you can use them.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I don't think there's Emoji for Android so it's just normal that your phone wont read it.
    I'm running Android Jellybean. My phone has eMOJI support.
    I don't know when Android started supporting eMOJI though.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What's the OS(?) of Note 2? I'd like to get that emoji app for android.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    What's the OS(?) of Note 2? I'd like to get that emoji app for android.
    I think the NOTE2 is running Android 4.1.2 (JellyBean).
    However, you have TouchWiz running on top of Android. I'm sure Samsung have made a lot of modifications to the "stock" Android 4.1.2, and one of those modifications may have disabled eMOJI support.

I found a thread from a tech forum with instructions on how to add eMOJI support for your Note2. But I fear it requires rooting.
    Emoji for note 2 !! - xda-developers

I also found some other SMS applications that claim to allow eMOJI on Note2 (no root required). You may want to try those too.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n+galaxy+note2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast