New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    need help... i'm planning to buy a digital camera (non-slr)... my choices are below:

1. Canon Powershot S5 IS
    2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18
    3. Sony DSC-H9
    4. Olympus SP560 UZ
    what's your preferred on the given lists... any good and bad reviews based from your experience on those digital cams....

any inputs is appreciated.

thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd pick between the canon and panasonic... The latter 2 aren't worth the money.

Please visit kameraderie.com instead for photographic discussions

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I've got both Canon and Sony brands but of different models. I got preference to Sony but Canon is not bad.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I'll choose Canon and olympus.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sa pagpili ng cam dont rely on pixels dapat sa lens! so I choose Canon

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't rely on brand as well.. I've tried all four quite a bit already hehe. The sony loses out in details even at iso80, IS is poor... Sama ng review kahit san mo tignan.

Any of the three will be a good buy, just not the H9.
    Last edited by theveed; March 19th, 2008 at 05:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Buy a Canon! Kahit yung mga tipong 5MP mas malinaw pa kesa dun sa mga Sony Cybershot na 7MP up. I have a Powershot TX1 7.1MP.. you may want to consider that model even if the display is just 1.8"... its great for both picture taking and video recording! However if you want HD resolution... then i think Sony Cybershot will be a better choice kaso i haven't seen personally how well the images are recorded from those HD cameras especially the DSC-H9.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i'll pick powershot.

pero personally i'll go with Sony T200

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    id go for the powershot.. i always liked canon cameras.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xTrememan View Post
    Buy a Canon! Kahit yung mga tipong 5MP mas malinaw pa kesa dun sa mga Sony Cybershot na 7MP up. I have a Powershot TX1 7.1MP.. you may want to consider that model even if the display is just 1.8"... its great for both picture taking and video recording! However if you want HD resolution... then i think Sony Cybershot will be a better choice kaso i haven't seen personally how well the images are recorded from those HD cameras especially the DSC-H9.

the h9 only has hdtv 1080i output, movies are still recorded at obsolete 640x480 mpeg-1.

as for tx1 it consumes a HUUUUGE amount of space for the movies, better stock up on 32GB sdhc if you wanna shoot movies with this cam

as for the TS, those choices are all large cams, you might as well get a Nikon D40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
compact digital camera