New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anybody have experience with this device? Does it connect seamlessly with your wifi network? How is the resolution of the video/programs? Appreciate your comments since I'm considering getting one. Kelangan ba wifi na yung LCD TV?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Bluetooth or wireless peer lang chromecast. It connects to your smartphone and displays what you see on screen, and displays HD videos of 1080p na din phone mo

Sa hdmi yan

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    if you had a old lcd tv or your car's HU with hdmi input,you can mirror your cellphone screen or cast your videos/pics,good buy yan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Am a little confused which dongle to get because there's one which looks like your average usb thumb drive while another looks like a small round mug coaster. Do they work the same way?

Both are available at Lazada for about Php2,600 to Php 2,900.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The round one is the newer version.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Either model should work on your tv assuming you have hdmi ports. Im using it for a non smart tv to cast youtube, hooq or simply mirror the smart phone screen. You dont need to have wifi connection.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Great. I'll probably give it a try.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i got the original chromecast on the dining room TV. works great. mostly youtube

get one. it's cheap and quite useful

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Either model should work on your tv assuming you have hdmi ports. Im using it for a non smart tv to cast youtube, hooq or simply mirror the smart phone screen. You dont need to have wifi connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    i got the original chromecast on the dining room TV. works great. mostly youtube

get one. it's cheap and quite useful
    Is it possible to mirror the whole phone UI (launcher/messaging app)? Like using the 'throw' function in the photo/video Gallery? Or is it just limited to Google apps and some games?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    Is it possible to mirror the whole phone UI (launcher/messaging app)? Like using the 'throw' function in the photo/video Gallery? Or is it just limited to Google apps and some games?

yep you could "cast" the screen of your phone/tablet i.e. everything you see on the phone/tab is mirrored on the TV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast