New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Guys ,

Need help in choosing po kasi plan on buying an inverter ref ,choosing between Panasonic and Samsung

We checked out the price ; Panasonic is around 34k for a 14 cu ft model , and the Samsung is around 32k in 12 cu ft model

I've learned that Panasonic is one of the pioneer in the inverter technology so medyo merge sila kaya Lang Samsung is promoting a 10 yr warranty on their compressor (daw).plus the nice looks

Any inputs ,pros and cons between the two?

A first hand info on this is greatly appreciated

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    i have the panasonic inverter ref. with regards to powr consumption. panalo. laki tipid ko sa elec bill. tapos ung freezer compartment nasa lower part. to me great idea kasi mabibigat ang nillagay dto. no regrets. i like it.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by macfoto View Post
    i have the panasonic inverter ref. with regards to powr consumption. panalo. laki tipid ko sa elec bill. tapos ung freezer compartment nasa lower part. to me great idea kasi mabibigat ang nillagay dto. no regrets. i like it.
    SAME here.. freezer compartment nasa lower part 14cu. feet ata yun... initial power consumption nasa 140-80 then after 24 hrs... sinilip ko metro namin nasa 70 lang ang naka register.... sa umpisa matagal lumamig pero pag lumamig na... super lamig na din at mabilis mag yelo....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Panasonic 14 cu. ft. Inverter ref gamit ko, Matipid talaga siya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'm leaning towards panasonic

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We also have a Panasonic 14 cu Inverter Ref. I'm very happy with it. Our electricity bill wet down talaga. We got ours last year at Western Appliance along Pasay Road (across the old Park Square). It was around 33k

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I'm also leaning on the Panasonic brand ,since our split type inverter aircon is also Panasonic and so far no problem and really is matipid sa kuryente.

Still in the process of convincing my finance minister that its worth the price difference , she's leaning on the Samsung coz of the nice cabinet finish hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Our previous ref was an 18 CBF General Electric. US made and I expected it to last a long time. Bought it barely 7 years ago. The GE techs now say I can have it fixed by replacing the compressor for P39,000.00.

The silver lining is that we learned how to temporarily live without a ref so we chose a smaller 10 cbf Samsung inverter because it had a P3,000 discount at SM Appliances. The compressor has a 10 year warranty which was what attracted me.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    To TS, medyo mahal yung 32k na 12 cu.ft. na Samsung ah.

Just got ours last week. 300+L (not sure if 11 or 12 cu.ft.) for 18k (bought from the SM 3 Day Sale dapat 23k siya). Inverter din with the 10 year warranty. Cheaper than other brands, and I like how it looks. Performance is also great, though I'm pretty sure a similarly-speced Panasonic would perform about the same.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Got a panasonic inverter din, matipid pero im not sold on performance, got a whirlpool ref before, malakas at mabilis lumamig as in nangingilo ipin ko sa lamig which i prefer.

Panasonic inverter has a more subtle cooling. Tamang lamig lang, pero it takes a while to cool, specially after a long power outage.

Once naiwan magdamag nakasiwang ang door ng ref, ayun walang lamig kinabukasan. Compressor on works after you habe completeley closed the door.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Choosing an Inverter Ref : Panasonic or Samsung