New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's the cheapest to operate (per copy) 4-in-1 printer, preferrably laser printer?

I'm currently using a Samsung 4-in-1. An original cartridge costs 4K (I believe most laser printer cartridges cost the same). I use those cheap toner refills, but after a while, the printouts will develop lines and becomes grayish.

I'm thinking of those inkjet printers hooked with continuous ink, but I think the printing speed of inkjets can't match laser printers.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    What's the cheapest to operate (per copy) 4-in-1 printer, preferrably laser printer?

I'm currently using a Samsung 4-in-1. An original cartridge costs 4K (I believe most laser printer cartridges cost the same). I use those cheap toner refills, but after a while, the printouts will develop lines and becomes grayish.

I'm thinking of those inkjet printers hooked with continuous ink, but I think the printing speed of inkjets can't match laser printers.
    The "drum" in the laser toner cartridge will need to be replaced every 2 to 3 toner refills. If you don't, the prints will have lines and the prints not as dark.

I use HP Laserjet printers and always had my laser toner cartridges refilled. I also note the number of refills for that particular drum so I know if its due for replacement.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Brother MFCs using LC57 refills (meron sa CDR King).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The "drum" in the laser toner cartridge will need to be replaced every 2 to 3 toner refills. If you don't, the prints will have lines and the prints not as dark.

I use HP Laserjet printers and always had my laser toner cartridges refilled. I also note the number of refills for that particular drum so I know if its due for replacement.
    Where can I have the drums replaced?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Where can I have the drums replaced?
    For me I go to SAVE INKS.

http://www.saveinks.com/

Check their website for a branch nearby your location.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    check mo kung meron na yang cts (ciss ng laser toner) version

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For me I go to SAVE INKS.

http://www.saveinks.com/

Check their website for a branch nearby your location.
    They only have a few branches, and all are located in areas I don't frequently go to.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    check mo kung meron na yang cts (ciss ng laser toner) version
    What's that?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    What's that?
    kung ang mga deskjet meron continous ink system, yong mga laserr jet meron continous toner system.

saw it sa website ng saveinks.com.

hope this helps

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Converting a toner cartridge to a "continuous system" will not really extend it's use by much. You will still need to replace the drum, roller and blade every two to three refills. Then you have to empty the toner's waste bin as well.

Kinda messy too with the fine powder of the toner potentially getting everywhere including your lungs.

I'd rather just pay the shop to do the refill and parts replacement.

Cheapest to operate 4-in-1 printer