New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    pa-hijack ng thread

i've got se k610i as a retention package from globe and it is 3g capable. is 3g free ba? i know wifi is free pag nasa hotspot ka.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    pa-hijack ng thread

i've got se k610i as a retention package from globe and it is 3g capable. is 3g free ba? i know wifi is free pag nasa hotspot ka.

thanks.
    3G is not free. for smart (which i am a long time user), its Php 10.00 for 30 minutes of usage. hindi sya per kb, kunti, pero 30 minutes.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I've tried using my 3G phone as a modem for my laptop to access the Internet. How will I know that it is using 3G or GPRS and does it switch back and forth?

When connected, it displayed a speed of 460kbps.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think with that speed, 3G yung connection mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekra View Post
    I've tried using my 3G phone as a modem for my laptop to access the Internet. How will I know that it is using 3G or GPRS and does it switch back and forth?

yes. at that speed, its at 3G.
    if your phone is a nokia with symbian 6 operating system (e.g. N80), you can set your network connection setup to UMTS instead of dual-mode para hindi nagbabago ang speed.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes. at that speed, its at 3G.
    if your phone is a nokia with symbian 6 operating system (e.g. N80), you can set your network connection setup to UMTS instead of dual-mode para hindi nagbabago ang speed.
    Yep, I saw that setting and changed it to UMTS whenever I use it to surf. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekra View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    I think with that speed, 3G yung connection mo.
    Paano modem connection nito? Kailangan ba wireless capable yung laptop or may cable that connects the laptop and the phone?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    Paano modem connection nito? Kailangan ba wireless capable yung laptop or may cable that connects the laptop and the phone?
    a USB (usually) is needed.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Be wary about 3G charges, nacheck ko bill ko dati per kb padin ang singil ng smart. parang promo ata yun 10/30min thing dati or maybe on some plans.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Be wary about 3G charges, nacheck ko bill ko dati per kb padin ang singil ng smart. parang promo ata yun 10/30min thing dati or maybe on some plans.
    Permanent na yung 10/30min ng smart across all plans even pre-paid. You might be using the old "Smart GPRS" APN (Access Point Name). Make sure that you use the "Smart Internet" APN for the 10/30min charging.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Cheapest cellphone with 3G/Wifi?