New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's with carbide.sis(?) file? It was passed on thru bluetooth, when I tried to install the file, wala namang nangyari. It just kept the bluetooth connected to another device and pass on the same file. I eventually stopped the process by AppMan. Then deleted the whole file from Manager menu.

Note: I may have missed on the file's correct name. Kindly correct me.
    Last edited by Ungas; August 19th, 2004 at 02:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    my friend told me it was created by the satanic group 29a. sinisira daw phone applications mo..

totoo kaya to?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    virus yan transferred via bluetooth. read it in an article posted sa BnC forums.

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/cabir.shtml

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh my!

I have deleted all the suspected files manually that's according to ssaloon's link. So far wala namang nangyayaring kakaiba sa unit ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be sure to authenticate your bluetooth connection....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just turn off the bluetooth if not in use...sa greenhills dami navictim nito. one of them is my gf's sis.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag restart mo cell mo, check mo kung may caribe! error na lalabas...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Muntik na din ako may nag send sakin ng bwisit na file na yan.. 2days ago buti nalang na delete ko agad para kasing nag hang lahat ng functions nya.. Ano ba best proctection don.. Malimit ko pa naman ON ang bluetooth functions ko..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minsan kahit naidelete na nandun pa rin. my friend (boss) had his 6600 infected when we got of from the plane. I don't know the details but it seems that it sends itself on its own to other bluetooth enabled devices.

The smart people had to re-install the software of his phone (free kasi under warranty pa, else its P500 service charge).

They recommend that you need not disable your bluetooth function entirely but keep your phone into the "can not be discovered mode". This mode makes your bluetooth function (liek your hands-free) but could not be detected by other phones.

Goodluck peeps, that's all that I know about it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala talagang magawang matino yang mga yan....balik na lang ako sa analog.:D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Cellphone virus?