New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    True but the N77 (and similar Nokia fones) uses data-casting over the 3G network to receive the TV shows. So it means you will need to subscribe to the service before you can watch TV on your fone.

The "china" tv-fones simply receive free tv broadcasts.
    That's why chinafones are steadily gaining popularity because you
    can watch TV on your fone for free, although local TV stations lang.
    Not like the branded ones where you have to pay for the service
    like Smart MyTV.

I was in Festival Mall this afternoon and the celfone stallowners there
    told me that chinafones are not registered with the NTC so hindi
    nila pwede i-display. Kaya pala when I asked for one, the vendors
    told me to wait as they went to their storeroom to get it.

I was really tempted to buy one because of the nice features.
    Pinigilan lang ako ni wifey kasi she doesn't trust the brand daw.
    (never heard kasi!).

But if I get feedback from two or more users telling me its OK,
    I just might go ahead and buy one!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    True but the N77 (and similar Nokia fones) uses data-casting over the 3G network to receive the TV shows. So it means you will need to subscribe to the service before you can watch TV on your fone.

The "china" tv-fones simply receive free tv broadcasts.
    N77 and N92 use DVB-H (Digital Video Broadcast for Handheld) using the 635Mhz frequency. You do not need 3G or EDGE or GPRS to receive the TV show.

Yung mga China phones malamang they are using analog tv tuners thats why the broadcast they get are the terrestrial/local channels only. N77 and N92 can catch Dream's DVB signal pero you cannot log-on to their system since may encryption or passkey na different yun.

I'm not sure though kung uso dito sa Pilipinas ang auction ng frequency like yung sa states na 700Mhz FCC auction pero likely na humingi siguro ang Smart na gamitin ang 635Mhz frequency... But I guess the 635Mhz range is the standard since Dream also uses this....
    Last edited by mikmik316; January 2nd, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    So, that commercial from Smart(i think) about the TV phone, anybody availed of that lately? Was curious din kung local channels lang din lang or kung ano ba....

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    My wife just bought an LG Voyager a week ago. Maganda you can folds open to a full QWETRY keyboard at may V CAST Mobile TV also Music and video capable.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my officemate is using a china phone na may TV(may antenna pa nga ung TV hehe), ayuszzz nman, he bought his phone around 4 months ago, buhay pa, tapos pagdating ng TV Patrol at Saksi sa gabi, bukas na yun ehehe, 8:30pm kse labasan namin

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    yung kumpanya yata nina russpogi ang nagbebenta ng mga china phones, siguradong malaki ang discount
    hmmm.. meron nga ata.. motorola mostly brands nung kila russ eh.. PM mo siya bro.. para macheck rin natin..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    BTW, ano ba pinakamatibay na cell phone? If possible shock resistant.
    If you're not picky about old-school phones, see if you can still find a Nokia 6250. In addition to being shock- and dust-proof, it can actually withstand immersion in water for up to 60 seconds.

You can also look at the Nokia 5140. Mine's still working despite being physically abused to heck, pero nakagarahe muna since I got my 6300.

Here's a story about a 5140 and a Motorola V3x, both "tested to destruction":

http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmai...ures&show=s5e2

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    So, that commercial from Smart(i think) about the TV phone, anybody availed of that lately? Was curious din kung local channels lang din lang or kung ano ba....

Available channels include CNN, MTV Philippines, Cartoon Network, National Geographic, Pinoy Box Office, The History Channel, Solar Sports, Basketball TV, ETC and Jack TV.

http://www.yugatech.com/blog/telecom...launches-mytv/

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Yung nokia 6250, matibay talaga iyan. Meron ako nyan noon. Ang tibay! Ilang beses ko ng nababagsak at minsan nabato pa yung cell pero ayos pa rin.

Makakapal yung materials na ginamit doon. Pati yung back cover ang kapal. May rubber seal pa yun para water resistant kahit papano.

Back to topic:

Matibay ba yung china phone? Di muna kasi ako bumili kasi baka masayang yung pera ko kung mabilis lang masira eh. Kung dito ba bibili, magbibigay ba ng waranty yung seller?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Dumadami na ang mga officemates ko naka chinafone na may TV. Pati mga supplier namin naka chinafone with TV..mukha kcing maganda talaga, at on top of that, REASONABLE PRICE...bibili na rin ako..para pag breaktime, makapanood man lang ng TV kahit nasa office, pag nag aayos ka ng requirement at mahaba pila pede manood di ka maiinip. lalo na pag nasa LTO haba pila, nood nood ka lang ng TV kung may Chinafone ka....at lalo na..pag nahihintay ka sa asawa mong matagal magshopping, punta ka sa kotse mo, manood ka na lang ng TV while waiting to her...hehehe cool di ba...BIBILI NA RIN PO AKO NITO THIS WEEK..ano ba naman ang 7K to 8K...eh minsan isang pagaawaan lang natin ito sa oto natin eto nagagastos..its time to tatste thats gaining popularity CHina Fone with TV.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cellphone na may TV