New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, any 3G phone will do.
    the cheapest, i think is the SE K610i.

and its Php 10.00/30 minutes sa Smart. but i agree with shadow that it is not as good as it used to be. yesterday, sa amin sa las pinas, walang signal ng 3G internet connection, although sa phone ko (N80) may naka indicate na may 3G connection. so i ended up using GPRS lang, which is way way too slow.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'll be relocating next year and the place have no Phone lines yet. I'm thinking of using my Phone as a modem to connect to the Internet. Mas ok kaya instead of using Smart bro or other ISP na Wireless. Place is in Sta. Rosa - Binan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    using the mobile as a modem is ok if you dont surf as much, lately ive been conscious sa surfing time ku since 30min can go by so fast and i have to time to make use of every 30min surfing kasi sayang din yung 10 pesos

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie View Post
    Anong celphone (brands, model ) yung mura, to use to connect to the internet using Laptop?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes, any 3G phone will do.
    the cheapest, i think is the SE K610i.
    Yes tingin ko nga ito na yung pinaka cheap, same ng gamit ko. Free sa Smart Postpaid.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    hsdpa (3.5G) phone will provide better speed up to 1.5 mbps, compare to 3g's 385kbps

GH 10 lang pala, not 30.

am wondering though ano mas lalabas na mas mura, yung per kilobyte charging ng globe or the flat rate of smart? if for example you visit the same site and for the same exact time that you are connected.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    hsdpa (3.5G) phone will provide better speed up to 1.5 mbps, compare to 3g's 385kbps

GH 10 lang pala, not 30.

am wondering though ano mas lalabas na mas mura, yung per kilobyte charging ng globe or the flat rate of smart? if for example you visit the same site and for the same exact time that you are connected.
    I think mas tipid ang flat rate ng Smart and the price is reasonable.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3334[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We used our SE K608i phone as our modem to connect to the internet during our stay in Baguio a couple of weeks ago. Smart Comm ang service provider namin. Okay naman siya pero the most that we could get was only 115kbps. Mabagal.

P10 per 30 minutes ang charging...

5101:pcwhack:
    Last edited by CVT; January 14th, 2008 at 11:32 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    may promo yata ang smart na P10 per 30 minutes, kaya lang kahit 5 minutes ka lang naka connect, P30 na yun

honga. na experience ko na din ito eh, where i need to connect lang for a short time. na charge din ako ng 10 pesos for a 5 minute connection.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Newbie in using cellphone as modem here...

First. When I use the cellphone as a modem, I'm prompted to enter the username and password and phone number (this means I am using it like a landline to connect to an ISP?). Then by that, I'm using the load I have on the internet card and paying also for the rate for the number I dialled for the ISPon my cel? (doble gastos????)

Second question. In my case, I'm using Globe, a SE K750i as modem to my laptop to connect to the internet...How can I use Globe's service based on their new scheme (time based and not data based)? Meaning I get to use Globe's ISP to surf the net and not the dial up requiring the username, password and phone number?

Pakipaliwanag po in the simplest possible terms.
    Sorry talaga...have no info about these things....TIA po!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what's the cheapest 3g phone in the market today?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cellphone to connect to the Internet?