New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi peeps,

i'm looking for a cheap 8-port gigabit switch for some NAS/SAN experiments at home. Ewan ko kung umandar lang pagkakuripot ko, but it seems the branded ones are real expensive, parang di sulit: D-Link at 2,100 , TP-Link at 3,750. There's one by Zyxel at around 1,350 so this is my current pick.

Has anyone tried the gigabit switches from CDR King?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not tried, but kung yung price is significant and sa bahay lang naman gagamitin, pwede na siguro yan.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    not worth it.. madali masira yung sa cdrking..

Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hi peeps,

i'm looking for a cheap 8-port gigabit switch for some NAS/SAN experiments at home. Ewan ko kung umandar lang pagkakuripot ko, but it seems the branded ones are real expensive, parang di sulit: D-Link at 2,100 , TP-Link at 3,750. There's one by Zyxel at around 1,350 so this is my current pick.

Has anyone tried the gigabit switches from CDR King?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    magkano ba ung sa cdrking? kung apple to apple ang specs with 80% price diff e mag cdrking ka na.

ang value na nakukuha mo sa branded ay 1yr warranty, sa cdrking 7days.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I bought a couple. Used for about a year then one started getting very hot and would lose network connectivity every now and then. Turned out to be caused by dried-up/worn out capacitors. Replaced them and it was back in service the next day. The second switch followed suit a few months later.

I have since replaced both with a single D-Link smart managed switch (DGS-1210-20) and pushed the remaining functional CDRK switch to one of my siblings house on another floor.

Picture taken after the capacitor transplant:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I bought a couple. Used for about a year then one started getting very hot and would lose network connectivity every now and then. Turned out to be caused by dried-up/worn out capacitors. Replaced them and it was back in service the next day. The second switch followed suit a few months later.

I have since replaced both with a single D-Link smart managed switch (DGS-1210-20) and pushed the remaining functional CDRK switch to one of my siblings house on another floor.

Picture taken after the capacitor transplant:

ngek, me expiry date pala ^_^ i'll try to look for the Zyxel unit

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i have a 5 port gigabit, Encore, from cdrking

works well. stable, has never crashed.