New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi All,

Any suggestions for CCNA training locally? We've reviewed quite a few that are offering very low, if not dubious rates. Baka walang kwenta din ang ituturo.

tia

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Eons ago, used to take classes in mapua makati.
    Maybe you can check them if they still offer.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Have you looked at this? 9 Top CCNA Training Centers in the Philippines | FREE CCNA Training Courses and Tutorials for the Global Pinoy

I took and passed my CCNA almost 20 years ago. I still hold my CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, and to a certain extent, my CCIE.

In 2015, I applied for an Emeritus CCIE status (I've been a CCIE since 2003). Right now, I only take a CCNP exam every 3 years to keep my remaining certs active.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Have you looked at this? 9 Top CCNA Training Centers in the Philippines | FREE CCNA Training Courses and Tutorials for the Global Pinoy

I took and passed my CCNA almost 20 years ago. I still hold my CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, and to a certain extent, my CCIE.

In 2015, I applied for an Emeritus CCIE status (I've been a CCIE since 2003). Right now, I only take a CCNP exam every 3 years to keep my remaining certs active.

Many thanks sirs. Doubtful that we'll ever get Cisco switches but i feel the CCNA carries more weight than the Huawei certifications

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Ccna and i dare say, ccnp, doesnt carry weight anymore.
    Heck, even fresh grads flaunt their certificates.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Ccna and i dare say, ccnp, doesnt carry weight anymore.
    Heck, even fresh grads flaunt their certificates.
    CCNA, I would agree. They don't hold as much weight as they used to. When I interview candidates for a networking job, I ask them at least a couple of hardball questions to figure out if they really earned their certs or they just hit the dumps to clear the exam.

CCNP, well... not many fresh grads would have the resources to go through CCNA (1 or 2 exams, as CCNA is a prerequisite) and THEN go further to get the CCNP (3 more exams). The required resources to achieve CCNP would usually come from an employer, with each exam costing roughly $300 (except ICND 1 & 2), it's not hard to guess why this is so. That said, by the transitive property of being experienced, CCNP guys tend to show more mastery of their craft than CCNAs in more ways than one.

Getting CCIE certified is a different animal. In fact, I failed my first lab attempt in Singapore. I retook it 8 months later in Sidney and passed. When I found out the next day that I passed, I remember being overly cautious crossing the street in Sidney (right-hand drive) and I keep whispering to myself; "Stay well clear of me, mates.... Precious cargo crossing the street". lol

Anyway, in Feb 2020, Cisco is retiring the CCNP certs and will be transitioned to something else that I imagine will be more relevant to today's tech.
    Last edited by oj88; November 11th, 2019 at 05:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    Lol at the precious cargo.

Regarding the np ones, most of the time, mastery of......dumps [emoji20]

Kaya i cringe when i get to interview someone saying that they are np and then when asked the questions, next question please ang sagot. Hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    ^
    Lol at the precious cargo.

Regarding the np ones, most of the time, mastery of......dumps [emoji20]

Kaya i cringe when i get to interview someone saying that they are np and then when asked the questions, next question please ang sagot. Hehehe

Those guys don't get hired... simple as that. I mean, we pay a bit more premium for NPs obviously, but if they can't even explain simple concepts any NP worth his salt knows, I'm the who gets to say; "Next!"