New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Guys, My Casio 5mp camera just crapped out on me. Sensor problem ata .. So instead of having it repaired, im looking to get the Canon A710is to replace it. Should I get it at a mall distributor or at hidalgo? ano ba ang pros and cons? TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Well, mas mura talaga ng di hamak sa Hidalgo. AFAIK, may store warranty naman sila dun, meaning the store will repair or replace the item during the warranty period, kaya ok din bumili sa Hidalgo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup halos grey market kasi ang nasa hidalgo....

got my a710IS at henry's and yes may store warranty...
    almost 10k din ang difference

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah..ok, so it's just a store warranty and not manufacturer's warranty... malayo nga talaga yun price nila...safe ba bumili talasa sa hidalgo?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mayers AFAIK now offers distributir warranties for Canon and Nikon cameras. The distributor for Canon, is well, Canon while for Nikon is Columbia Philippines. Distributor warranties are nearly the same as manufacturer warranties. As for the price, consider this: Mayers sells the Nikon D40 kit (with distributor warranty) for 24-25T "only". Sa mga malls, the lowest I saw was at 29T. There are even stores that sell the D40 kit for 33-34T. Abay dagdag na lang ng 4T eh may Canon 400D ka na or even a Nikon D70 galing Hidalgo.

Safe naman - I've been going to that place for years. Just don't garb yoursef with clothing that announces "Hey, I got money!" i.e. dress up as inconspiciously as possible when you go there - and don't count what's inside your wallet on the streets.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mayers is an authorised dealer of Canon. They are the second or third largest dealer in terms of volume. They are listed on the Canon Philippines as a dealer. The sensor problem will be repaired by Canon for free if it is included in the recall. Just had my Canon S1 repaired for free. Check the Canon website or have it checked at main service center office in Makati.

Canon A710IS: Hildalgo or Official Distributor?