New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys, I currently have a Sony camcorder which uses a MicroMV cassette. It works well enough but now I'm a bit frustrated since I cannot find MicroMV's for it anymore. Phase out na ba ang ganitong format? Even the Sony outlets cannot help me.

So now I'm in the market for a low budget camcorder whose format will hopefully not go Betamax within the next 3 years or so.

Any advice you can give me? I'd appreciate a compact model which I can use as a dashboard mounted camera also (like in those police chase shows).

What is the preferred format now? Buti pa ang Video8 buhay na buhay pa din. Are there cams that record sa memory card?

I'm really a newbie sa ganito. Sorry.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hi Doc, you might wanna look into those Sony HDD-equipped cameras. Videos are already in digital format so everything will be easier for you (no more syncing with the firewire).

The preferred format now is High Definition (aka High Resolution) cameras. 720p is more than enough but you'd usually find 1080p.

from the Sony brochure I have:
    for the HD 1080p | Harddisk Media | prices start at around 52K
    for the non-HD | Harddisk Media | prices start at 29K.

I don't think the Harddisk format will be replaced anytime soon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i dunno if this addresses your query, i hope it does. here's the ebay link:

http://electronics.shop.ebay.com/ite...286.m104.l1199

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir, i recommend dual type, like my camcorder. dvd camcorder, at the same time, it has memory pro stick slot. madami dyan sa market sir

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm afraid to use camcorders na DVD ang bala. It's too easy to ruin a disc as opposed to using tapes.

Kaya I chose a Mini-DV camcorder, which was still the norm 3 years ago... HDD-based? No thanks. Camcorders are hand-carried while being used a lot of times, at kalaban ng mga HDD ang motion... Kung SSD sana yan...

Just sharing my thoughts. No offense to HP and Testy.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ok lang yun woo, ikaw pa...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    wh, none taken. hehe

HDD based camcorders have motion sensors to guard the harddisk. I witnessed a JVC HDD camcorder before (natabig ng bata sa la mesa), about 1m high. after two years, it's still working. hehe.

Madali lang naman palitan ng SSD kung kailangan talaga. All it takes is money. The thing with HDD is that it's a proven technology too mature that it's too cheap nowadays. They added protection by surrounding it with cushion material.

There's the Panasonic Leica that uses SD cards. Choose one that's SDHC compatible, it's currently at 32GB max. cards. Hi-Def, Non-Hi-Def.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    As for DVD Camcorders --
    They're pretty much okay. I remember dropping one dvd on the floor tapos nasipa ng guest... so I had to chase it. Puro gasgas. Washed it down and ... okay pa rin yung data sa loob. Another nice thing is once you finalize a disc, you're pretty much ready to play it on a standard DVD player (yun nga lang, you'll prolly want to edit the data on your PC first).

Now for my gripes:
    Those DVDs only last for 25 frikkin minutes! If you're in your kid's party and taking a video, you're going to be swapping DVDs like machine gun clips in a gunfight. Pero ...it's just a minor annoyance since you're not really going to shoot continuously anyway.

They're bulky compared to the HDD camcorders. (Nandoon yung umbok ng disc.)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ah, palit ng mabilis? there are some dual layer dvd's. also double sided dvd's. media is cheaper...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Uso na nga yung SD-HC memory or both HDD and SD-HC camcorders. Yung pinak-sulit ngayon yung mga gawa ng Canon. I was able to purchase the 1080P HG-20 60 GB HDD from Amazon during the holidays, cost less than P30k discounted w/ shipping. It records AVC format at 24 mb/s at 1920x1080. Alble to view it via PS3. Yung Sony would have been better had not it cost more and memory stick lang ng Sony ang pwede...

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-VIXIA-AV...REJBS4RK15FWTJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Camcorder Advice