New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    pahabol: We frame the pictures of our baby that are taken with this phone... they're good enough for 5x7s, but are too pixelated for larger prints.

2MP is good enough to 4x6.

For 5x7 you need at least 3MP.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke
    Contrary to popular belief lens quality has very little to do with picture quality on point and shoot cameras, much less cameraphones.
    very true. a tiny hole would do just as well for a lens. with the tiny lenses used in point and shoots and camera phones, you're at hyperfocal distance all the time anyway.

it's all about the sensor. and in my experience, the D500 and even K750i sensors are noisy. of course no point comparing it to an N90.

in the end, you're better off with a dedicated digicam. a 12000-peso digicam can probably match an N90 quality-wise. for almost 1/4th the cost.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    very true. a tiny hole would do just as well for a lens. with the tiny lenses used in point and shoots and camera phones, you're at hyperfocal distance all the time anyway.

it's all about the sensor. and in my experience, the D500 and even K750i sensors are noisy. of course no point comparing it to an N90.

in the end, you're better off with a dedicated digicam. a 12000-peso digicam can probably match an N90 quality-wise. for almost 1/4th the cost.

Yes for the K750i the limiting factor is the noisy CMOS sensor. There were rumors of a CCD version but apparently even the new K800i uses CMOS albeit with integrated xenon flash.

As for Nokia N90 yes a real digicam will easily beat it, for one thing it doesn't have optical zoom, but the new Nokia N93 does and it's even got 640x480 30fps MPEG4 video recording.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, 2mp pix aren't obviously pixelated at 5x7 and are acceptable for 'family album' and 'candid' shots... unfortunately, it's true that the sensor is very noisy and gives poor quality in low light and is virtually useless for night pics... but I still maintain that no cam-PHONE at the PRICE can compare. (pag cam mismo, many better choices, nga) Who cares about 3G in a BACKUP phone?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE:K750i. 2mp pix aren't sharp at 5x7, true, but they're acceptable for 'family album' and 'candid' shots... Unfortunately, it's true that the sensor is very noisy and gives poor quality in low light and is virtually useless for night pics... but I still maintain that no cam-PHONE at the PRICE can compare. (pag cam mismo, many better choices, nga) Who cares about 3G in a BACKUP phone?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    comparo pictures ive seen plus the huge price difference ,the k750i is the overwhelming choice for me ,over n91. I bought the k750. Am waiting for the K800 with 3 meg with or without the 3g feature that will be the next phone for me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docpete
    comparo pictures ive seen plus the huge price difference ,the k750i is the overwhelming choice for me ,over n91. I bought the k750. Am waiting for the K800 with 3 meg with or without the 3g feature that will be the next phone for me.

K800, 3G

K790, no 3G

THey have real xenon flash so no need for the MXE-?? flash attachment like on the K750.

BUt what I don't like is the stupid slider lens cover. I bet they're as bad as those in the Sony T-series digicams.
    Last edited by Psylocke; May 20th, 2006 at 04:24 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    k750i.especially at night mas clear siya at mas ok ang flash ng phone.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    uy nice flash on the K800! hmmm

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hi pips .. got it from gsmarena webiste .. i think one of the best 2MP camphone not sure kng meron sa pnas ..kse d2 sa riyadh wala pa eh

http://www.gsmarena.com/benqsiemens_...s-news-187.php

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
which cam-phone has the clearest pictures?