New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I have an 8 port Cable TV Amplifier it was good the first few months but now cable tv signal sucks by the day hehe I was wondering if you guys can recommend a good cable TV Amp/ Booster . Thanks for your time

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    is your cable connection legal? if it is, consult the cable company. anyway, since you have an 8 output amplifier, try disconnecting one each time and see if reception improves. i think you have 8 tv's connected. sometimes if one connection is bad, it will change the impedance so bad that the 8 outputs will be mismatched. use good 75 ohm cable, not the swan brand as this will decrease signal so badly that there will be impedance problems. sana nakatulong ito sa iyo. happy viewing!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by light2light View Post
    is your cable connection legal? if it is, consult the cable company. anyway, since you have an 8 output amplifier, try disconnecting one each time and see if reception improves. i think you have 8 tv's connected. sometimes if one connection is bad, it will change the impedance so bad that the 8 outputs will be mismatched. use good 75 ohm cable, not the swan brand as this will decrease signal so badly that there will be impedance problems. sana nakatulong ito sa iyo. happy viewing!

Thanks for your time sir , i had it fixed i asked the cable guys to com eover and see whats going on and the connector from the cable line outside going to house was rusted from 2 years of heat exposure and rain . so far so good its been 3 days with good and clear signal no complaints right now .

Cable TV signal Booster