New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Any body has a link on this news? Was listening on DZMM and I didn't fully understand the interview with the CAAP president (because ironically bad cellphone reception) . Ang naintindihan ko lang eh pwede na gamitin cellphone sa eroplano although di ko naintindihan kung kasama dito during takeoff.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Any body has a link on this news? Was listening on DZMM and I didn't fully understand the interview with the CAAP president (because ironically bad cellphone reception) . Ang naintindihan ko lang eh pwede na gamitin cellphone sa eroplano although di ko naintindihan kung kasama dito during takeoff.

nagoofer na kasi PAL ng wireless service...baka yun...ewan ko lang meron ba signal pag nasa 30k feet na yun airplane unless satellite phone siguro

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sa US pwede na on airplane mode during takeoff and landing: Press Release ? FAA to Allow Airlines to Expand Use of Personal Electronics

Put phones on airplane mode to save your batteries. Walang signal at cruising altitude and the phone will keep trying to look for one at max power.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I think it is about time. sabi kasi dati nagkaka interference ung electronics gadgets sa airplane kaya turn-off gadgets.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    si Gen. Hotchkiss parin ba ang boss sa CAAP?

when i took Cathay last time, i dont recall na pinapa off ang cellphone during take off and landing.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ung analog cp ang meron interference, pero ung mga gsm wala naman. Remember nyo ung mg flashing LED na dinidikit sa mga analog cp noon, pero sa gsm hindi gumagana kaya wala ng mabili ngayon nun cp flashing led.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post

If it's connected to the FAA lifting its restrictions to electronics use, it will be for ALL phases of flight including take off and landing. With this, you can how watch YOUTUBE or keep yaking on the mobile phone while the plane is taking off to landing.

Downside to this, the general peace and quiet during an airplane flight will be disturbed by the beep-beep and boing-boing of calls and txt messages.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i saw an RT from *flypal, they are now offering in-flight internet service.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Katwiran kasi nung CAAP, sa 25 years na ginagamit ang cellphone wala pang eroplanong bumagsak dahil sa cellphone.

Anyway, ok to yung sa situation tulad nung eroplano ng cebupac na di nasunod ang Protocol nung lumabas sa runway. Marerecord nila yung event. O kaya may problema eroplano at ayaw magpalabas ng captain ng eroplano makakatawag na ang mga pasahero.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Downside to this, the general peace and quiet during an airplane flight will be disturbed by the beep-beep and boing-boing of calls and txt messages.
    More than anything else, this is the reason why i'm against use of cellphones on an airplane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CAAP to lift cellphone ban on airplanes.