New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    where can i buy cd's that can be labeled thru burn(direct disc labeling), i read the manufacturer's box, it says, using a cdr with "lightscribe" icon on it means it can be direct labeled but i don't know where can i find this type of disc. around how much will it cost?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hi Liz. You also need a LightScribe capable optical drive to do this

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmm... we've recently discussed this in a different thread. Accdg. to Sir KikkoMann (sorry po kung wrong spelling?), mura na sa CD-R King.

Kung wala pong malapit na CDR-King sa inyo, eh meron din po sa Silicon Valley (normally mga SM Malls meron). Price ay 35 pa po for CD-R lang with slim case. HTH.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Hmm... we've recently discussed this in a different thread. Accdg. to Sir KikkoMann (sorry po kung wrong spelling?), mura na sa CD-R King.

Kung wala pong malapit na CDR-King sa inyo, eh meron din po sa Silicon Valley (normally mga SM Malls meron). Price ay 35 pa po for CD-R lang with slim case. HTH.
    P35(lightscribe cdr) vs P8(regular CDR)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how will i know if my dvd drive is already lightscribe? when i bought my laptop, the shop told me that the drive is already lightscribe. i even have a preinstalled program to burn lightscribe discs. but when i tried to burn one, the program says it doesn't detect a lightscribe drive.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    galing pala ng lightscribe.. kala ko kaya lang maglabel ng characters on the 'data' side of a cdr, yun pala kaya ng mga designs..

*boybi. from lightscribe.com. baka makatulong..

Q: How can I tell if I have a LightScribe-enabled drive in my Desktop computer?

A: There is an easy way to know if your CD/DVD writer has LightScribe capabilities. If the drive shelf that opens, closes and holds the disc has the LightScribe name/logo on it (the word “LightScribe” is part of the logo), then your drive has the LightScribe capabilities. If there is NO logo on the CD/DVD writer then your drive does not have the LightScribe capabilities.

Q: How can I tell if I have a LightScribe-enabled drive in my Notebook computer?

A: Slimline drives do not have enough space for a LightScribe logo on the drive tray cover, but a LightScribe logo sticker should be affixed to all LightScribe-enabled notebooks. To make sure, the presence of the disc encoder sensor can verify that a drive is LightScribe-enabled. Looking straight down on the spindle after drive tray is opened, look for presence of a LightScribe disc encoder sensor as an indicator of LightScribe capability.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looking straight down on the spindle after drive tray is opened, look for presence of a LightScribe disc encoder sensor as an indicator of LightScribe capability.
    does this mean dapat two sensors ang makikita ko? one lang itong nasa laptop ko. sabi pa naman sa akin nung shop, lightscribe na ito. naloko yata ako.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    either that or di nila alam what lightscribe is (katulad ko)

eto ata yung itsura nung sensor:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    nyek cdr-king pala mern, ok tnx. last question, ang print b ng lightscribe parang ordinary b&w print?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Monochromatic pa lang daw ang LightScribe, a grey etch on a gold looking surface.

From late 2006, Lightscribe discs are also available in colours for categorisation. The "burning" is still monochromatic, but the background colours can now be produced in various colours, under the v1.2 specification. In time, the intention is to advance to full colour burning on a plain background.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
burn label on disc