New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Its hard to find 7 inches w/ vga input is hard to find. 8 inches lcd has FFC problem. some guys at tipidpc was able to remedied 14 inches lcd with ffc issues .

I was tempted to build 15 inches lcd because of low price and what I got also has the best specs for 15 inches lcd in the market today. LG 1553s. thought the box is twice the size of my 8 inch build, the image quality is much better. Now i have 720p projector.

You can find in the internet lcd with smaller size but price is about 15-20t for the lcd alone. Its out of our budget. So used 15 inches w/ xga resolution is still the way to go at this time. But if you can find 14 or 13 inch lcd w/ xga resoltion, then much better.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    7 inches iw/ vga input still hard to find but you buy on line for $170. Still expensive. 8 inches w/ vga is sometimes available. Some guys at tipidpc was able to remedy the FFC cable issues.

I joined the bandwagon in building 15 inch projector because I was able to get cheap lcd with very good specification. Image quality is alot better than my 8 inch build though double in size. But its ok.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Question, where can we get the lens, light source and mirror for this kind of project? I'm considering something that looks like in this thread:
    http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index...15&hl=sculptor

Pero syempre mas simple dyan! hehehe! Hardcore na kse yan sa ganda eh! hehehe!

Also, what specs should I be looking for in a used LCD screen?

Maganda din to:
    http://www.hommie.net/construction.htm

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Question, where can we get the lens, light source and mirror for this kind of project? I'm considering something that looks like in this thread:
    http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index...15&hl=sculptor

Pero syempre mas simple dyan! hehehe! Hardcore na kse yan sa ganda eh! hehehe!

Also, what specs should I be looking for in a used LCD screen?

Maganda din to:
    http://www.hommie.net/construction.htm
    What is your budget?...

You might want to look in actual DLP projectors if your budget permits. Like the ones from Acer which are actually pretty affordable given their features.

Also check if the promo of a "free" projection screen is still available.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ba ubra na HID ang ilaw instead?

its 12v (transformer na AC to DC lang ang kailangan) at hindi mainit pero mataas ang lumen ng ilaw.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    What is your budget?...

You might want to look in actual DLP projectors if your budget permits. Like the ones from Acer which are actually pretty affordable given their features.

Also check if the promo of a "free" projection screen is still available.
    Cguro mga Php10k or less lang pare. I was thinking of cannibalizing an old 15" LCD, use the scrap plywood here at home and wiring. So bale, I just need the light source and the lens. I'm actually just want to do something while I'm not working. Boring dito sa bahay eh! hehehe!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 6th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

*hertzblaster1:

I applaud you for your enthusiasm in this line of DIY projects but...

I strongly suggest stop posting "replies" to this thread if it just contains more pictures of your screen and nothing more.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree with that....it would be helpful sana if you could put more details sa exact project mo ... step by step process would be good.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Wow its all in red response. I will give in to your request though kinda look offensive. I feel better with wild thing comments. Anyway I am working on it. Hope to finish it soon.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Build your own LCD projector for Home viewing