New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    It is strange the download speed using browser Puffin is 10+ times that of Google Chrome.

Try if you get the same result.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I find it hard to believe... I got 13.7 using chrome and 212.7 Mbps for puffin. I'll ask my sons to try it out. I'll also check this once I'm in Bataan where mobile data is not so good.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    So, I donwloaded puffin and installed it right away.

I noticed all my browsing have effectively become much much faster! I wasn't experiencing any lag at all! It was all in an instant!

I did a speed test and what on earth is going on? I got this speed like as if I'm on fiber optics Tokyo:

What kind of sorcery is this?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Puffin might be sending your data to some servers /platform. That platform might have a tie up with speedtest server where it is hosted locally. A true test of download speed is to download a large file from the internet and monitor the speeds.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Puffin has Android version, it is also faster than other browsers in opening webpages

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I uploaded a video file and it was normal subscribed speed. Lmao!

I viewed a YT video and it had a hard time playing 60fps. The whole browser became unstable. Bummer! Too good to be true.

Too unstable for YT but, I noticed browsing facebook, it was faster than Chrome/Firefox.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Just stick to the regulars na lang. At least alam nyo na google or mozilla ang nag momonitor ng activity nyo. Not some unkown developer

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk