New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i asked my sister kasi get me a blackberry from the states kasi i need the push email functions, dahil yung mother office namin sa states is always communicating to me via e-mail, which my current N80 cannot do.

dumating sya kanina (a BB-8100c lang), open line naman so nagagamit ko yung SMS/Call functions nya.

ang questions:

a) How do i link my corporate email address to this? wala kaming BB Enterprise Server. Internet mail lang.

b) How do i configure Smart Communication's GPRS/MMS into this na over the air (OTA)?

any information can help.

thanks.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; December 6th, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What type of server does your corporate email address use? Exchange? Lotus Notes? Linux Type (Postfix/Fetchmail/etc) ?

In any case, if it uses POP3 or IMAP, you can just get a BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) from either Globe or Smart. Input your email settings, device settings and push out the service book to your device.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i asked my sister kasi get me a blackberry from the states kasi i need the push email functions, dahil yung mother office namin sa states is always communicating to me via e-mail, which my current N80 cannot do.

dumating sya kanina (a BB-8100c lang), open line naman so nagagamit ko yung SMS/Call functions nya.

ang questions:

a) How do i link my corporate email address to this? wala kaming BB Enterprise Server. Internet mail lang.

b) How do i configure Smart Communication's GPRS/MMS into this na over the air (OTA)?

any information can help.

thanks.
    Best thing you can do without a BB Enterprise Server if to set up a rule in your mail client to forward all your email to your blackberry account.

Before you do that, you will have to talk to Smart and ask them to enable BB service on your line. Costs a few hundred pesos a month i think.

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of your phone's screen and look at the signal strength indicator. If the letters below it are in lower case, (gprs, edge, gsm), this means that data and other BB services are not activated on your line. Once you have BB service activated on your line, you should see the type of network displayed in all caps (EDGE, GPRS, GSM) and service books enabling other services (mail, MMS, YM, browsing, etc.) will automatically be sent to your phone.

Sorry if I sound incoherent and have bad spelling/grammar. I am typing this on my BB.

Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ca89056 View Post
    Best thing you can do without a BB Enterprise Server if to set up a rule in your mail client to forward all your email to your blackberry account.

Before you do that, you will have to talk to Smart and ask them to enable BB service on your line. Costs a few hundred pesos a month i think.

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of your phone's screen and look at the signal strength indicator. If the letters below it are in lower case, (gprs, edge, gsm), this means that data and other BB services are not activated on your line. Once you have BB service activated on your line, you should see the type of network displayed in all caps (EDGE, GPRS, GSM) and service books enabling other services (mail, MMS, YM, browsing, etc.) will automatically be sent to your phone.

Sorry if I sound incoherent and have bad spelling/grammar. I am typing this on my BB.

Good luck!
    thanks bro... its on small caps nga so it means its not connected. we are on pop/imap so walang BBES.

so i really need to go to smart to have this fixed. thanks bro.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I need some advise from current blackberry users. Which handset would you recommend? The bigger ones look like you are talking to a bathroom tile. I heard, though, that on the slimmer ones, mahirap mag-type because the keys are too small. I am also conidering the Sony Ericsson P1i, but I am told that the email function on the blackberry is faster.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by minicoopal View Post
    I need some advise from current blackberry users. Which handset would you recommend? The bigger ones look like you are talking to a bathroom tile. I heard, though, that on the slimmer ones, mahirap mag-type because the keys are too small. I am also conidering the Sony Ericsson P1i, but I am told that the email function on the blackberry is faster.
    Yep, the email function of the Blackberry is faster than the P1i.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as a blackberry user, i would say that the email receipt of blackberries are fast. in fact, minsan, nauuna pang dumating yung email ko to my blackberry compared sa email ko from my outlook.

but now, may problem na naman ang blackberry unit ko. hindi ako makareceive ng incoming calls, even though the call barring is not activated. saan kaya ito?

Blackberry Help - URGENT