The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mga peeps,

i got this email yesterday from my business egroup:

"PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:
    You should be alert during the next days:

Do not open any message with an attached filed called "Invitation" regardless of who sent it. It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact! list, that is why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it. !
    If you receive a mail called "invitation," though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW, COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US"

kung totoo man, ingat lang

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    meron naman ako na-receive na "thank you" docs sa e-mail ko. Galing yun sa contact list ko. When I opened the docs, i found that it has virus. nakalagay nga dun "you got it already". Everytime I open my mail there is always docs coming from a particular person. Kaya ngayon, dami ko incoming message.pagod na nga kami kaka-erase. I got it already. Pano kaya yun maaalis?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    korekek po si Jayo - 6 year old hoax na po toh. Pero, mabuti na rin yung nagiingat kaya recommendation ko eh lagi nyong i-update ang virus defintion files nyo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's the funny part:

If you receive a mail called "invitation," though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.
    then what? you are not allowed to open your pc again?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    here's the funny part:

then what? you are not allowed to open your pc again?

kulet.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yaiks! hoax nga ito!

hehehehehe, my shame

galing ng mga tsikoteers talaga

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stupid talaga nung nagsabi nun "shut down your pc" hehehehe.

Hoax or not I ABSOLUTELY HATE Spammers

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Hoax or not I ABSOLUTELY HATE Spammers
    well... most people have good intentions when they forward or post this (like what 111prez did).

just be wary of tell-tale signs of it being a hoax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Beware -- "Invitation" Computer Virus