New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Thanks guys.

I'll seriously consider ASUS. But I need the hdmi to watch pacquiao streams on our LED dumb tv hehehe

10" screen is what I prefer but bigger is ok if i cannot find smaller ones.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Thanks guys.

I'll seriously consider ASUS. But I need the hdmi to watch pacquiao streams on our LED dumb tv hehehe

Ok. So this is what you need as per my previous post:

Asus K450CA-WX085D (Red) 14-inch Core i3-3217U, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, DOS | VillMan Computers

hanap ka na lang ng hindi kulay red . Afaik, meron silang black and gray.
    you are only looking for 10" but this one has 14".
    4 GB of RAM is what you may be needing at this point, although you can expand it to around 32 GB in the future, although ok na yan at 8 GB RAM.
    wala pa nga lang OS... I think you can add around 2.5k for Windows 8. Or if you want, you can use Ubuntu Linux.
    actually, yan yung model na gamit ng isang office mate ko dito.... medyo manipis yan....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    My MSI netbook is showing some problems already mostly hard drive related. Although I can replace the hardrive only, I think it will be safe to replace my 4 year old netbook. It has served me well. Two years abroad doing my masters thesis and it did not give any problems.

I know my budget isn;t a lot but I've searched the net and some Core i3 laptop can be bought under 25K.

These are the brand: ASUS, MSI, Lenovo, and maybe Acer.

Any suggestions? Comments.

I will use it mostly for school files. MS Office files and light data processing (stat analysis).
    I'd pick either asus or lenovo sir.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Huwag kana mag-isip, get the Asus Transformer Book T100TA.

Hybrid - Tablet and Laptop.

It's the best damn thing I've purchased.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    absolutely agree here. You can't go wrong for choosing asus brand besides there's a 12 months local warranty & another 12 months international warranty depending on the products/models.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    2 weeks ago us consumer report posted on the net the most reliable laptops against defect and breakage(normal wear and tear)
    forgot the link(percentage of brakage)
    top 3:

toshiba 17% 2nd rank
    sony 16.8% 1st rank
    asus 17% 2nd rank

worst
    hp 20% +
    acer same
    dell same
    lenovo same

autralia and japan also released it's own report

with same conclusion. (google it)

up to this day my sony vaio is still working(save the battery of course) for more than 15 years

while my hp died already after a year it was bought

go toshiba or sony
    isama mo na rin sana yung si asus tutal same 2nd rank naman sila ni toshiba eh. Hehe cheers...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks guys.

I agree with using the smallest screen you can get away with for portability. Sabi mo nga netbook kailangan mo so 14-inch wouldn't be classified as a netbook. Even then, don't go with 10-inchers as they usually come with a standard resolution of 1024x600 which is very limiting. I still have one but it has a much better resolution of 1280x720, quite unique for its size. Still, I had to get another one for use with Win8 as the 720p resolution still doesn't cut it for this OS.

So right now this is the one I am using: Acer V5-122P-61454G50nbb

It's listed at Php24,900 at Villman but I got mine at Silicon Valley for around Php22,500 cash. It has a quad-core AMD cpu running at 1.0/1.4Ghz. Seems slow compared to current tech but for general use in online browsing, MSOffice, occasional photo/video editing and gaming this would be sufficient already. It has a nice 1366x768 11.6" IPS display and HD audio. You can plug your favorite earphones or an easy to drive headphone and you'll get high quality sound direct from the laptop audio jack. It doesn't have an HDMI port out of the box but you can use a DP-HDMI converter for that available for I think around P600 from Electronics Boutique. Can't remember what converter came with the box though. I think it's a DP-VGA adapter.

For more information, you can check out this review: Review - Acer Aspire V5-122P-61454G50NSS Notebook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails v5-122p-61454g50nbb.gif  

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    wag na wag magkakamali sa HP dami ko tambak na HP dito puro video problema.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    re laptop size, i'm more concerned about typing comfort than screen size; 12/13 inches is the sweet spot for me.

If you're getting one with a touchscreen, do take note of the battery life

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Asus T100TA battery life, 10 hours...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast