The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bleh...Inconclusive results, needs a real test equipment... =(

kanina stock gpu 2:17 sec

just now, downclocked: 3:21 sec
    then stock again: 3:13 sec

perhaps the cpu eist and c1e factor, I should have disabled them before testing, to isolate gpu alone...

with my inconclusive results, I think there might be a little difference on the power consumption. but the temp is definitely better on downclocked. so downclocked ko na.

on my 9600gt, didn't notice a significant improvement on power consumption and temp. but sa 4850, noticable sa temp. hope this little findings will help others.

Last edited by rion; December 22nd, 2009 at 01:42 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    The wife surprised me with a Palit GTX 275 last night. She didn't want to give it on Christmas night so I could set it up earlier and spend Christmas Eve "playing" with her instead of fooling around with my new toy. Damn, it's 10.5 inches long and has two fans. Arkham Asylum!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    GTX 275

Oooooh. Nice card.

I'd buy one. But, I wanted an ATI card to pair with my AMD cpu.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    nice new toy! now that's a high-end card.

not so happy in my His 4850, more weird stuff with Ati... I get a lag when I open any image for the first time. the second time and the rest, it's fine though... Then, it lags when I press "printscreen" while playing Left 4 Dead 2" had more weirdness on both my x1650 pro pcie and agp. lags with custom skinned windows, specialy with windows blinds...

in fairness, His IceQ looks nice for a 5.4k card. hehe...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    nice new toy! now that's a high-end card.

not so happy in my His 4850, more weird stuff with Ati... I get a lag when I open any image for the first time. the second time and the rest, it's fine though... Then, it lags when I press "printscreen" while playing Left 4 Dead 2" had more weirdness on both my x1650 pro pcie and agp. lags with custom skinned windows, specialy with windows blinds...

in fairness, His IceQ looks nice for a 5.4k card. hehe...

At least you can grab game images with PrtScn. Me? games like FSX and X-Plane 9 do fine with PrtScn (without any pauses). With some games like Crysis, I have to resort to FRAPS probably due to Windows 7 forcing blank images. But, I haven't seen any pauses with mine using either FRAPS or PrtScn.

The closest game I have to L4D2 is Half Life 2. Same thing. No pauses.

I get a momentary blink of the eye pause whenever I load an image. But, that's been the case with every Windows OS and every video card I've ever had.

How long of a pause are you talking about? It sounds like the image is pausing as it loads into memory and being loaded from a cache with subsequent openings of the image making load times quicker.

I don't see it on mine. Are you sure it's not from a tweak you made?

I mean there's such a thing about being overzealous with tweaking a system for efficiency. There's always a chance a tweak will improve one thing and then interfere with something else.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    it's not from my tweaks, I put it to stock when I play. and the pause thing is already there even before I made tweaks. =)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Best and Cheapest Video Card