New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hindi kaya with fujixerox, you'll be tied up with your supplier?

Anyway, to continue the discussion. Been working on IT/Telco/Software Eng' companies for more than a decade na and majority HP printers ang gamit.

Now, gusto ko lang maiba, i tried a friends' suggestion on brother and samsung printers

1. Brother MFC-J6910DW -multi function printer, print-scan-copy-fax, (duplex printing also), max size a3. Mag 1yr na this month (24k ata bili ko) and printed around 30k pages na, print head is still ok. Small office with max 6 users. I used the extended cartridge (no cis available) LC73 (700 ata yun kit, 4 cartridges) the around ink 100+/color. LAN/Wifi ready, madali lang setup. Can print direct from android cp/tablet.
    ** pero yun mga puti naming bossing, nilalait eto, "that's the slowest printer i ever seen" lol despite it's spec on paper: 35ppm draft/monochrome, 27 colour. And dahil sa sarcasm nila, i bought

2. Samsung ML-2165W (monochrome laser, wifi printer + android phones can print direct), price was around 4k+ , 22ppm on specs. Wifi can only be setup thru pc+usb cable, when done pwede na unplug and people on the network can print na. 1wk old as of the moment.....

For a big/small office or house setup, hanap ko lagi is network/wifi ready para can work independently.

Worst experience naman with HP laser printer, kapag palitin+bugbog na - bumigay yun heat rollers (eto yun nagluluto nun powder ink, imo), it's either nangungulubot yun papel sa sobrang init, or hindi luto yun ink - kakalat yun print kapag nawakan mo. Circa 2000 pa yun model nito, hehe no idea with the new models na.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ yep. it's a reliable brand but with scarce consumables. bulk ang order, kasi usually mga offices ang users ng fujixerox

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by skybison View Post
    Worst experience naman with HP laser printer, kapag palitin+bugbog na - bumigay yun heat rollers (eto yun nagluluto nun powder ink, imo), it's either nangungulubot yun papel sa sobrang init, or hindi luto yun ink - kakalat yun print kapag nawakan mo. Circa 2000 pa yun model nito, hehe no idea with the new models na.
    Current models of HP laserjet printers are better than that. My only bad experience with HP laserjet printers in the last decade was the failure of a paper sensor which resulted in the printed stopping after printing just one page (assuming you are printing two or more pages). I tried servicing printer assuming the sensor was just dirty but no improvement. I brought it to a service center but they said the model is already obsolete and the required module would cost half the price of the printer new (at the time, around P10k). In the end, I just bought a newer model HP laserjet which actually costs around P8K when I bought it.

Given the low prices of Brother and Samsung Laser printers, I am sure to try one soon if I have buy another printer for the office.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by skybison View Post
    Hindi kaya with fujixerox, you'll be tied up with your supplier?
    We were tied up with the fujixerox supplier but they couldn't supply us with enough toner for nearly a year! Add massive headaches with them when the photocopy machine needed replacement parts (very long waiting time for critical parts & expensive prices too).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Odeon Terminal Mall
    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
    Philippines' cheapest and biggest source of Computer & Printer Accessories, Printer Ink and Supplies, Photo Paper, TShirt & Souvenir Printing Equipment & Supplies, Tarpaulin Printing services / Equipment / Supplies, Cellphones & Accessories, Etc. Located right at the busiest intersection in downtown Manila, and directly connected to LRT1 and LRT2 station, Odeon Terminal Mall boasts of the most strategic location if you need a presence in downtown Manila. Aside from the LRT, Odeon Mall is also surrounded by jeepney, tricycle and bus stations (7 bus lines incl. Phil. Rabbit, etc.) for easy accessability

puros printer ang binebenta dito...nagcoconvert din sila ng continuous ink printer...try nyo dito mura pa..diro yun center of all printer

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. Does anyone have bad experience with HP AIO laser printers? In terms of reliability, toner/drum availability etc.

The one I'm looking at needs 116A cartridges. Can't seem to find them online.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. Does anyone have bad experience with HP AIO laser printers? In terms of reliability, toner/drum availability etc.

We had 2 HP AIO of the same model in our office before. Parehong nasira yung ADF. OEM toners are too expensive. Tried different aftermarket ones, even refills, sobra pangit ng print quality.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I use 2 brother monochrome AIO laser printers. Okay naman so far.

Not going back to tank inkjet printers

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

Currently using an HP laser MFP 135a in my office. less than 1 year old. doing very good naman. Thou we don't usually have a lot of printing to do per day average of 2-5 pages. i usually have it on eco mode when i print.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I use 2 brother monochrome AIO laser printers. Okay naman so far.

Not going back to tank inkjet printers

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    We've also been using a Brother laser printer. In almost 3 years of ownership, we used up the small-capacity starter toner cartridge plus one regular toner cartridge. We just started using a 2nd regular toner cartridge. The cost of the two regular toner cartridges was $23. Compare that with +$30 for a single set of inkjet printer ink. Very economical.

I do keep an old HP inkjet printer where the print head is part of the disposable ink tanks just in case. I learned my lesson about having inkjet printers with permanent print heads. They're a pain when something goes wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast