New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Here's my letter I sent to their customer service through their website and through regular mail. Strangely, their website does not list any e-mail address or fax number.

I am a current subscriber of Globelines. I have to say thus far your call-in customer service is the worst I have encountered.

Last Saturday, October 9, I called 211 as my landline has lost its dial tone and all calls to it are forwarded automatically to my voice mail. The support rep I talked to promised a 24-48 hour TAT, which was fine.

On Sunday, someone indeed came, except that there wasn't anyone around. You cannot expect customers to sit around for 24 to 48 hours and wait for your representatives to arrive.

Come Monday, I called 730-1000 from a non-Globe phone and again selected the option for landline phone repair. I requested the CSR to instruct the repair man to come back that day, since I asked someone to stay and wait for them. Apparently this is not possible as your phone support has no way of reaching them except through e-mail. And to think you are a phone company. And so I left a phone number for them to reach me before coming over so that I can send someone to meet them.

Tuesday went with no word. Wednesday came and the security guard just informed me that a Globelines repairman came and looked at the line. I did not receive any phone call, hence no one was there again.

I called that evening to ask what was wrong, and whether it has been fixed. I was informed there was a problem internally within the system and that the line was okay.

Miraculously, upon my arrival that Wednesday evening the telephone was working. So I deduced that whatever problem you had was now fixed.

But on Thursday morning, today, the phone line went dead as we were using it. I checked if there was anybody tinkering with the line at that moment within our building and around the area. There was none.

I called 211 again and informed them that the problem has not been solved. They said they will forward the report through e-mail again. I have received that response no less than 5 times already since Saturday. No supervisor was available to talk to. And the repair personnel can only be reached through e-mail. That is the stupidest thing I have heard from a phone company.

Everyone I talked to was apologetic. But what else can they do? They are powerless to help me solve my problem. They made excuses that they are doing their best. Well, your best is not good enough. All you do is whine about your best, as losers do.

By lunchtime, I called again to follow it up, only to discover that a report was made that the line was fixed, and that there was a problem with my handset. How was that conclusion made, when I have not spoken to anyone personally much less allow them to look inside and check the handset.

I would strongly suggest you clean up your act. I do not need to list down everything that you did wrong in handling this situation. This is unacceptable from a paying customer's point of view.

Good day.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kakainis talaga pag customer service tinawagan mo. ako i called them 2 times last tuesday before i left yesterday to activate my roaming, pag dating ko singapore wala. so i asked my wife to call them, she called 3 times. kanina umaga wala pa din akong roaming. nasa indonesia na ko wala pa din. kakainis!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it can either be...

- they are outsourcing their call center - that may explain why they can't "contact" the repairman

- they are outsourcing their telephone maintenance group - that may explain why their customer service can't readily contact that group

- or worse, they are outsourcing both services! :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mazdamazda, I think it's either number one or number 3. Because when I went to the Globelines CSC at Park Sq2 last Sunday, they were able to call the repair guys/or at least someone who knew where they were. And they said they were at my house. Tough luck.

Bad Globelines Customer Service experience