New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Wow! Ang laki ng improvement ah! Especially on the LCD as the eeePC701's LCD and speakers looks really annoying!

Nga pala, why can't this (eeePC) use a regular notebook HD instead of expensive and rather smallish (capacity) SSD?
    because SSD consumes less space and battery. the eeepc has small space underneath and a puny battery that;s why they placed an SSD instead of a hard disk inside. and an HD consumes more power than SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I was walking around the mall today and lo and behold, I noticed a new version of the Asus eee PC has been released.

Asus eee PC 900
    Intel Celeron 900mhz
    1 gig RAM
    9 inch LCD screen (1024 x 600)
    12 or 20 gig HDD (solid state) (12gig WinXP, 20gig linux OS)
    3 usb port
    wifi and lan port
    vga port
    SD card slot
    mic & headphone plugs
    1.3mb webcam
    bigger touchpad than older model with dual touch control system.
    comes in white & black
    battery life rating 3 hours
    Price: P23,000 to P25,000 (depends on your bargaining skills)

compared to the older version...

Asus eee PC 701
    Intel Celeron 900 mhz
    512 meg ram
    7 inch LCD screen (800 x 400)
    2 or 4 or 8 gig HDD (solid state) (Linux OS only)
    3 usb port
    wifi and lan port
    vga port
    SD card slot
    mic & headphone plugs
    0.3 webcam (no webcam for 2G model)
    touchpad
    comes in white, black, pink, green, blue
    battery life rating 3.5 hours
    Price: P15,000 to P19,000 (depending on model)

On Left: Asus eee PC 900
    On Right: Asus eee PC 701
    ----------------

I am currently tempted (again) to purchase the Asus eee PC 900.
    wow ang ganda nga ng improvement kaya pala nag sale ang graphics samin noon kasi lalabas pala ang bagong version. at lumabas pala talaga ang noon ay rumor lamang na lalabas daw ang 9inch screen version

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P24500 yan (900) sa OCTAGON sa MOA

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    25k petot.. ok na rin ang price na yan para sa mga prioritized ang mobility

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wow, ganda ng 900... kung may budget lang ako para palitan laptop ko, yan kukunin ko... galing asus, spot on yung upgrades na kailangan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just curious. Has anyone tried gaming with either ASUS? I'm sure it's pretty low-key. But, I wanted to see if it's possible, especially with 2-d games such as Blitzkrieg, Red Alerts 1 and 2, and Rise Of Nations.

For me, gaming while on the road don't need to be the latest or greatest. Just something to while a few hours away until I fall asleep.

My daughter wants my Toshiba to replace her old iBook 800. So, I may end up buying an ASUS eeePC after all.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 24th, 2008 at 06:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    personally i'd also wait for the atom version or the release of the MSI Wind.

so far this lappy is shaping out to be a serious threat to the eee pc because of its cheaper price.
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/msi-wind-r...hit-us-in-june

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    personally i'd also wait for the atom version or the release of the MSI Wind.

so far this lappy is shaping out to be a serious threat to the eee pc because of its cheaper price.
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/msi-wind-r...hit-us-in-june

1.6ghz Atom cpu? 5.5 hours battery life with 6-cell battery and Win XP? The MSI does sound like a good deal. I'll have to consider it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I saw a gadget feature about this pc in ANC. sabi nga nila may Macintosh rin daw na darating.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which completely misses the point of an Eee, OB. You buy one for the portability, not the power.

At the Eee's price point, it's still a fair bit better deal than a high-end cell-phone.

That's why many of us won't be upgrading... simply, the 701 does what we need... portability.

But if I were still in the market, the 900 would be tempting. I noticed, also, when I was at the store that the power brick is slimmer than the current one, which would make it much lighter and easier to transport. Actually, with the better ergonomics and packing, I think definitely would have gone for the 900.

We'll see. I can probably sell my Eee for... what? 10k? 8k? And then stump the extra for the upgrade...
    nag-eenjoy ka talaga sa asus eeepc mo? liit ng screen ah

when I had the Ibook G4 12" for like 12 months, on the last month I had migraine that's why I sold it

kaya nga yun isang thread ko dito about compaq 12" parang nag-2-isip pa din ako kasi nga liit

i'm now eyeing the 14" inch widescreen compaq. kasi yun ang tama sa eyes

the 15" 17" laptops are too big na for mobility

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    1.6ghz Atom cpu? 5.5 hours battery life with 6-cell battery and Win XP? The MSI does sound like a good deal. I'll have to consider it.
    dapat presyo nyan less than 10k sa standard laptops. pero from the looks of it, the bigger this ultraportable laptop becomes dumidikit na sa price range ng standard laptops

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Asus eee PC vs Asus eee PC