New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was walking around the mall today and lo and behold, I noticed a new version of the Asus eee PC has been released.

Asus eee PC 900
    Intel Celeron 900mhz
    1 gig RAM
    9 inch LCD screen (1024 x 600)
    12 or 20 gig HDD (solid state) (12gig WinXP, 20gig linux OS)
    3 usb port
    wifi and lan port
    vga port
    SD card slot
    mic & headphone plugs
    1.3mb webcam
    bigger touchpad than older model with dual touch control system.
    comes in white & black
    battery life rating 3 hours
    Price: P23,000 to P25,000 (depends on your bargaining skills)

compared to the older version...

Asus eee PC 701
    Intel Celeron 900 mhz
    512 meg ram
    7 inch LCD screen (800 x 400)
    2 or 4 or 8 gig HDD (solid state) (Linux OS only)
    3 usb port
    wifi and lan port
    vga port
    SD card slot
    mic & headphone plugs
    0.3 webcam (no webcam for 2G model)
    touchpad
    comes in white, black, pink, green, blue
    battery life rating 3.5 hours
    Price: P15,000 to P19,000 (depending on model)

On Left: Asus eee PC 900
    On Right: Asus eee PC 701
    ----------------

I am currently tempted (again) to purchase the Asus eee PC 900.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 21st, 2008 at 10:35 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wow! Ang laki ng improvement ah! Especially on the LCD as the eeePC701's LCD and speakers looks really annoying!

Nga pala, why can't this (eeePC) use a regular notebook HD instead of expensive and rather smallish (capacity) SSD?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saang mall mo ito nakita sir?

no wonder the Asus EEEPC 701 na 2gig dropped price to P11,500 dito sa Silicon Valley SM Pampanga... palabas na pala yang 900 series nila.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    saang mall mo ito nakita sir?
    V-Mall, Greenhills.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Nga pala, why can't this (eeePC) use a regular notebook HD instead of expensive and rather smallish (capacity) SSD?
    Less moving parts means less stuff to go wrong. It also takes less internal space. And the initial eee PC model took advantage of the cheap prices of solid state memory. The new model just took from the first model and improved in places where customers suggested ways to make a good product even better.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it had been out when I was buying, I would have gotten the 900. 20 gigs of memory, a more powerful webcam (1.3 megapixels na!), 1 gig of RAM, a much better touchpad...

But I don't see myself selling the old Eee just to upgrade. I might get one down the line if it means an easier upgrade to Windows, though... but I'm happy with the 701.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Less moving parts means less stuff to go wrong. It also takes less internal space. And the initial eee PC model took advantage of the cheap prices of solid state memory. The new model just took from the first model and improved in places where customers suggested ways to make a good product even better.
    and also meaning less power usage to extend battery life

i'm happy with the 701 except for hanging sometimes, maybe its because im treating it as regular notebook and doing multi tasking with many tabs open and other applications or im i just asking too much

except when opening emails the 1024x600 resolution for the 900 is plus, but hey just connect it to a big lcd screen and its a ok (even for avi movie * 700mb each)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Personally, I would wait for the Atom version of the Asus Eee PC 900 instead of buying the Celeron-based unit now, assuming there is no or minimal price difference.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mag Asus X80 na lang ako kaysa yan tig 25k na Asus EEE
    30,999 lang sa Malls cash

imagine 5k difference

naka 14" inch ka na plus Dual core + 6 cell lion + dvdrw and best of all intel's latest core chipset 960

the asus x80 has a rugged honeycomb body scratchproof kahit konti bagsak

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Which completely misses the point of an Eee, OB. You buy one for the portability, not the power.

At the Eee's price point, it's still a fair bit better deal than a high-end cell-phone.

That's why many of us won't be upgrading... simply, the 701 does what we need... portability.

But if I were still in the market, the 900 would be tempting. I noticed, also, when I was at the store that the power brick is slimmer than the current one, which would make it much lighter and easier to transport. Actually, with the better ergonomics and packing, I think definitely would have gone for the 900.

We'll see. I can probably sell my Eee for... what? 10k? 8k? And then stump the extra for the upgrade...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Asus eee PC vs Asus eee PC