New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Guys kakabili ko lang ng Acer aspire one it has 1Gb ram and 120Gb HD. tanogn ko lang pwede kaya upgrade into 2GB ram balak ko kasi gawing dual boot lagyan ko sana ng Vista. hindi ko pa try na i open baka ma void ang warranty 1 week palang kasi

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You need to open the whole thing. as in complete disassembly ha.

you can only do 2.5GB kasi embedded ang 512mb nyan.

I also plan to buy an Aspire One pero hintayin ko yung may 3G modem para magamit sa internet smartbro / globe visib without buying their expensive external modems should I be out of reach with WIFI and DSL.

Also, nilabas na yung Intel Atom Duo (dual processor) and will come out very near if not the same SRP this quarter.

why would you want to install the crappy Vista? you can get XP Lite.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't even consider running Vista... waste of time. XP requires less system resource and runs faster. No problems with drivers too.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got the Aspire One Linux version and am pretty happy with it. Boots up in 15 sec. I can use Open Office to edit word and excel files, plus it can also read and edit ppt. files. Just added a 4GB SD card for expanded memory and bought a 4GB flash disk for additional storage.

It also connects to any available hotspot without problems. Hey, for its price, i can't ask for more, right?

The only downside I've noted are:

1. The smudge-friendly casing. Better have a 3M wipe handy.
    2. Less than inspiring battery life - 2 hours only with the use of the wifi
    3. You gotta find the appropriate linux drivers for your printer if you want to print files

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    2. Less than inspiring battery life - 2 hours only with the use of the wifi
    is there a bigger battery option you can buy for the Aspire One?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You can opt for the six cell battery. I know most retailers have them as an upgrade.

The six cell though is somewhat larger than the original three cell, so there will be a chunk of battery *$$ protruding from the slot underneath.

Still, I doubt most of us will be bothered by that amount of extra mass/weight...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the 6-cell batt option, would you know how much it sells for?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Don't even consider running Vista... waste of time. XP requires less system resource and runs faster. No problems with drivers too.
    i agree,...

vista's minimum requirement is Core2duo processor and 2gb memory at least.

but the specs for the aspire one. it will just be eatin up by the vista. install xp instead of vista.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I also considered this but I got the Asus Eee PC 1000H instead. Either way they are the same, mas gusto ko lang yung 10" screen and keyboard ng Asus when I tried it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    After some research sa net. I finally DIY my aspire one.. I upgraded into 1.5gb yon lang max kasi in build na yung 512 nya and capacity lang is 2gb.. I manage to install vista so naka dual boot na din ako... pwede ko na pang regalo hehehe. yung bagong HP na mini laptop parang mas OK sya mas mataas ang specs same price din offer sakin 16T petot w/o OS

Aspire One