New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Big headache ba pag power supply ang nasira?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    nope...mura lang ang pagawa.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    All of my electronics are connected their own ups. Are ups capable of handling lighting surges even if the plug has no 3rd grounding prong?

Lets face it, hindi standard ang 3 prong outlet dito sa pinas, kahit me ground sa bahay namin, outlet is still 2 prong.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    All of my electronics are connected their own ups. Are ups capable of handling lighting surges even if the plug has no 3rd grounding prong?

Lets face it, hindi standard ang 3 prong outlet dito sa pinas, kahit me ground sa bahay namin, outlet is still 2 prong.
    It will protect only line-to-line surges. Remember, lightning seeks its path to the nearest earth. The job of the arrester is to divert this discharge path to the ground. If you dont have proper ground it will seek its path to whatever device connected to the ingress media(AC mains, cable or telephone service drop, antennae) every electronics plugged to it is a potential path for discharge point - could be the nearest chasis, a damp floor, or a humid air.

Newer buildings comes grounding as standard. Maybe the outlet isnt but the mains circuit breaker box should have it as a provision if ever you decide to install one. The old house, i had to install ground rods and wires to the powerplant, water pumps & heater, the breaker box, server cabinet, and kitchen electric appliances..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Btw, any recommended repair shop for the TV? Wala akong alam na honest repair shop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    It will protect only line-to-line surges. Remember, lightning seeks its path to the nearest earth. The job of the arrester is to divert this discharge path to the ground. If you dont have proper ground it will seek its path to whatever device connected to the ingress media(AC mains, cable or telephone service drop, antennae) every electronics plugged to it is a potential path for discharge point - could be the nearest chasis, a damp floor, or a humid air.

Newer buildings comes grounding as standard. Maybe the outlet isnt but the mains circuit breaker box should have it as a provision if ever you decide to install one. The old house, i had to install ground rods and wires to the powerplant, water pumps & heater, the breaker box, server cabinet, and kitchen electric appliances..
    if the house has no provision for a grounding line, it would be safer if i can directly ground the ups by earthing it to metal rod?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    saan ba nangagaling yung lightning surge?
    correct me if im wrong, pero di ba galing sa poste ng meralco or cable tv then pumasok sa bahay.
    tama po ba?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    saan ba nangagaling yung lightning surge?
    correct me if im wrong, pero di ba galing sa poste ng meralco or cable tv then pumasok sa bahay.
    tama po ba?
    pwede din direct hit ang bahay.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Manila area sir. Im not 100% sure if properly grounded lahat. How would i know?

From what i've researched last night,possible na may fuse daw sa loob ng tv. So hopefully fuse lang.

As for the soundbar and media player, possible na hdmi ports naman. Sana minor lang.

Wimax modem pinapalitan nang libre diba.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^yes napalitan na wimax modem namin. yung ibang appliance nalang problem ko now

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Btw, any recommended repair shop for the TV? Wala akong alam na honest repair shop.

If you are near pasig, there is a panasonic service shop along shaw blvd. They charged me 5,500 to replace the power supply of my plasma TV last year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Appliance damage by lightning surge