New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The Zune came out just recently, medyo bulky pero mas malaki ang screen size compared to Ipod. Pwede daw mag transfer ng songs from Zune to Zune pero up to 3 plays or 3 days lang yata tapos nun it won't play. Uhmm and now I'm wondering if will out sell the Ipod? Everytime I go to electronics store laging nakikita ko may bumubili ng Ipod. Ika nga nila eh "they sell like hotcakes.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    The Zune came out just recently, medyo bulky pero mas malaki ang screen size compared to Ipod. Pwede daw mag transfer ng songs from Zune to Zune pero up to 3 plays or 3 days lang yata tapos nun it won't play. Uhmm and now I'm wondering if will out sell the Ipod? Everytime I go to electronics store laging nakikita ko may bumubili ng Ipod. Ika nga nila eh "they sell like hotcakes.
    iPods are nice. I haven't seen a Zune yet. So no comment on that one. I much prefer a portable player with native Divx/mpeg plus drag and drop capability.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

WMA, MP3, AAC, JPEG,WMV, MPEG-4, H.264 media playback
    Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) connectivity
    30 GB Hard Drive
    3 inch video LCD 320x240
    White, Black, and Brown Colors
    FM Radio
    Dedicated song download service
    Podcast playback
    Updateable Firmware
    Tested 13 hr battery life for audio, 4 hr video
    3 day playback of Wi-Fi transfered songs from friends
    XBOX streaming
    XBOX (Microsoft) points compatability
    Preloaded music videos
    Over two dozen accessories at launch
    5.6 ounces in weight, 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.58 inches size
    Metric: 158 g, 112 x 61 x 14.7 mm size
    Custom background images
    WiFi transfer of photographs
    Tag based storage system (Will not appear as drive)
    PC Compatability (no Mac client at launch)
    Zune tag enabled
    Horizontal and vertical video orientation

================================================== ======

wala pa ata sa pinas nito wonder how much ang retail nito in pesos sa US 250 USD
    Last edited by qman; December 8th, 2006 at 05:04 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ipod pa din. but i'm seriously thinking of getting the Nokia N73 music edition with 2GB

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    da MS Zune shows a lot of promise from a technical standpoint. nagkulang nga lang sa overall implementation. yung integration ng wmp11/urge with the player needs a lot of improvement. the interface, is slow and clunky compared to itunes. but it's good enough effort considering that it's the first incarnation of the product. wifi feature needs to be more flexible. di ma-access ng ibang wifi devices like phones and macs! ok sana zune to zune sharing ng songs pero hirap maghanap ng ibang consumers na may zune din. hope our more talented hackers/programmers develop middleware to get through that 3plays or 3days shared song limit.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Seems like iPod still wins. Haven't heard much of zune lately.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    Seems like iPod still wins. Haven't heard much of zune lately.
    yup. at least in the phils. the only person i know of that bought a zune sold it after only 3 weeks.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i'm ipod addick lagi ko itong kasama for the last 6 months (using in car, in the office at habang nag iikot sa mga mall).... noproblem parin..... i don't know about zune....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm more concerned about which one handles non-drm stuff better such as mp3, X-Vid/Divx/avi/mp4,. I want one primarily for watching video clips. Softwareless drag and drop capability is also preferred but not absolutely required. So far, the iPod looks the better one even though it still requires iTunes for putting stuff in.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'm more concerned about which one handles non-drm stuff better such as mp3, X-Vid/Divx/avi/mp4,. I want one primarily for watching video clips. Softwareless drag and drop capability is also preferred but not absolutely required. So far, the iPod looks the better one even though it still requires iTunes for putting stuff in.
    if it weren't for the limitations (price, capacity, overall value) of the memorystick, i'd recommend a psp for your needs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Apple Ipod vs Microsoft Zune