New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    IPAD 2
    - New design
    - Lighter and thinner than the outgoing IPad (even thinner than Iphone 4)
    - A5 chip ( Dual Core Processor)
    - Black or White variant
    - Front and back facing camera
    - New OS and Apps
    - Dock connector HDMI mirrored video output - 1080p works with all Apps
    - Smart cover (polyurethane or leather) that doubles as a stand. Attached by magnets
    - Same capacities, battery life and price
    - Availability: Mar. 11 in the US. Mar. 25 in other countries

Is it the same screen size as the old IPad (10")? Is it true that they would come out w/ a smaller version just like Samsung's Galaxy Tablet (7")?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap
    Is it the same screen size as the old IPad (10")? Is it true that they would come out w/ a smaller version just like Samsung's Galaxy Tablet (7")?
    Same size as the previous model.

There is no announcement of a smaller IPad version as of yet.

From the Apple website:
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/
    Last edited by frenchtower; March 3rd, 2011 at 05:58 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Same size as the previous model.

There is no announcement of a smaller IPad version as of yet.

From the Apple website:
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/

thanks, bro.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    is the aspect ratio still 4:3 as opposed to the 16:9 adapted by rival tablet makers?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I don't think there is a change in the aspect ratio (4:3) as it has not been highlighted during the launching event. I would guess there will be some sort of improvement on how media content will be interpreted in relation to the new hardware architecture.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Tablets devastate the netbook market...

14.8 million sold in 2010 alone, a total that shocked even the most optimistic Apple watchers, with the iPad laying waste to the once-burgeoning netbook market and even taking a bite out of laptop sales. During Wednesday's event, Jobs claimed that the iPad now has a 90-percent share of the tablet market. The company is expected to sell 30 million or more this year, which would generate close to $20 billion in sales.

Tablets are seen as a must-have device for consumers and many businesses over the next few years. Analysts expect the market to surge to more than 50 million units this year, and 200 million units by 2015.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110302/...BwbGUzOXNqb2Jz

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_techne...owerful-ipad-2

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    New additions to the iPad 2:

Front (VGA) and rear (720p capable) cameras
    A5 processor
    thinner and lighter
    can display full 1080p with the Apple digital video adapter (older one is capped at 720p)
    80-130 grams lighter
    5mm thinner
    3-axis gyroscope
    Facility for colorful covers

Still no native HDMI or SD card or USB slot, speakers don't seem to be stereo, still the same resolution (1024x768), and rumored to still have the same 256 MB RAM as the original (Android tablets have 1 GB at least! grrrr)

If you have an iPad right now, it doesn't look worthwhile to upgrade, but if you are just entering the market, it's a relatively good buy. In the US, older iPads have a price cut of $100 across the board. As usual... the Philippines still has no announced release date and I won't be surprised if it becomes available only on September or October (optimistically). last year, iPad became officially available only after Christmas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've read somewhere that according to an Apple insider, ilalabas na rin nila yun ipad 3 by fall they won't even wait for the 1 year "market life" which what they usually do. sapilitan lang daw ito para ma-capture nila yun market share sa competition.

if people wanted to be WOWED then wait for the Ipad 3 daw.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I've read somewhere that according to an Apple insider, ilalabas na rin nila yun ipad 3 by fall they won't even wait for the 1 year "market life" which what they usually do. sapilitan lang daw ito para ma-capture nila yun market share sa competition.

if people wanted to be WOWED then wait for the Ipad 3 daw.

Unfortunately (for now), Apple called 2011 "The Year of the iPad 2" so I'm not keeping my hopes up for a fall release of the iPad 3.

For the iPad 3, I would like to see higher RAM (1, preferably 2 GB), SD card support, built-in USB and HDMI, and Retina-display at a minimum of 1440x900 (1280x800 is so Xoom, hehe). An upgraded graphics chip should also be a consideration. I'm still okay with the current 10" size and don't really need a smaller form factor. Besides, the upgrades I'm looking forward to would require more power... and I don't want the current 9-10 hours battery life to suffer (smaller form factor, smaller space for battery) .. in fact I'd love for it (who wouldn't) to even improve (12 hours would be excellent).

One possibility though is an enlarged iPod... perhaps to better position and compete with the Galaxy Tab. this way, the iPod could undermine the Galaxy's pricing (same with other 7 inch tablets) while the iPad maintains its premium level.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    NOT TRUE, does not follow the APPLE Product cycle.

Apple IPAD thread