New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003

As we know, Dell isn’t the only one using Sony laptop batteries that have potential of exploding in your face. Our favorite Apple iBooks and PowerBooks are just as “hot”.

Apple announced today that it’ll be recalling 1.8 million batteries that are identified as potentially hazardous - less than half of Dell’s 4.1 million. 1.1 million of them in US, and the rest around the world.

The affected models are the 12-inch iBook G4, 12-inch PowerBook G4 and the 15-inch PowerBook G4, which were sold between October 2003 and August 2006.

https://support.apple.com/ibook_powe...nge/index.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post

As we know, Dell isn’t the only one using Sony laptop batteries that have potential of exploding in your face. Our favorite Apple iBooks and PowerBooks are just as “hot”.

Apple announced today that it’ll be recalling 1.8 million batteries that are identified as potentially hazardous - less than half of Dell’s 4.1 million. 1.1 million of them in US, and the rest around the world.

The affected models are the 12-inch iBook G4, 12-inch PowerBook G4 and the 15-inch PowerBook G4, which were sold between October 2003 and August 2006.

https://support.apple.com/ibook_powe...nge/index.html
    and their battery of choice is..........dan daranaaaannnn!!!!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kasama ba dyan yung dual core na iBook? Dunno kung G4, my dad got one kasi. Might have to let him know asap. Tnx

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kasama yung ibook ko sa battery recall.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not all dell laptops are affected. Laptops purchased after July 16 are not affected

Just got myself an XPS 1210. Fortunate enough that my battery wasn't involved

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kasama PB ko at iBook ng Kuya ko sa recall.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Faulty Sony CCDs now faulty Sony li-ion cells.... tsk tsk tsk

I've just been to the Sony service center at balintawak yesterday to pick up a digicam with faulty Sony CCD. Guess what they made us pay for Sony's fault.... sorry for the OT just ranting...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wiretap_md View Post
    Not all dell laptops are affected. Laptops purchased after July 16 are not affected

congrats sa XPS! nice. dream laptop ko rin yan, lalo na yung 2010 something, yung huge laptop. LOL!

hehehehe...sony oughtta change their logo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wiretap_md View Post

nice one... a nice choice for DELLs laptop... naks naman... hindi kasama sa battery recall....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Mabuti na lang Toshiba Satellite ang laptop ko! hehehe. the best talaga!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Apple ibooks/powerbooks just as 'Hot' as Dell's