New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Apple Announces 'CarPlay' iOS Vehicle Integration Feature

As indicated last week, Apple today announced its CarPlay iOS vehicle integration feature at the Geneva International Motor Show, which allows an iPhone to take over the in-dash display of a car, providing Siri voice controlled access to aspects such as navigation, phone functions, messages, and music.

Once a Lightning-enabled iPhone is connected, the feature can be summoned and controlled on compatible cars through Siri voice control, a touchscreen, and on-board buttons. From there, users are able to access various iOS apps such as Maps, Phone, Messages, Podcasts, and Music. Third party apps such as Beats Radio, iHeartRadio, Spotify, and Stitcher are also supported, with Apple promising compatibility with more apps soon.

CarPlay will be accessible this week with vehicles from manufacturers such as Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo, while other manufacturers such as BMW, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota will receive the update later.

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    bakit wala ung foton

LOL

naku,, susunod nadin ang android dyan ..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1394003233.381748.jpg

Yan ba yan?? O.o

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybone1k View Post

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

Anyone having CarPlay in their car? Which car? And how is your CarPlay experience so far.

Am thinking of upgrading my stereo headunit to one with CarPlay capability.

Would appreciate inputs and feedback of CarPlay owners/users.

Thanks a lot.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Anyone having CarPlay in their car? Which car? And how is your CarPlay experience so far.

Am thinking of upgrading my stereo headunit to one with CarPlay capability.

Would appreciate inputs and feedback of CarPlay owners/users.

Thanks a lot.
    I have CarPlay headunit in one of my cars. I am quite disappointed with how it works. I can only use Apple Maps for navigation, not Waze or Google Maps. And while using Apple Maps, and I have to use my phone for other tasks, the screen will switch out of Maps.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I have CarPlay headunit in one of my cars. I am quite disappointed with how it works. I can only use Apple Maps for navigation, not Waze or Google Maps. And while using Apple Maps, and I have to use my phone for other tasks, the screen will switch out of Maps.

Anyone with CarPlay on their Volkswagen? Or am I the first one to have it in a VW?

Yes, CarPlay still has a lot to improve. What I like about CarPlay is the ability to tune in to over 50,000 radio stations from various countries (similar to DAB), aside from playing the usual Spotify list. And handsfree messaging (read and send), making and receving calls with Siri as your handsfree assistant doing it for you.

There is a way to make Waze work with CarPlay, but it will require jailbreak.

Wanted to share some pics of available apps I downloaded, but I don't know how to post pics though.

Anyone interested to have CarPlay in your VW, just PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Fitted an 8850BT in my VW so I do have Carplay.

Very useful, sana ma enable yung search song function sa Car Play. For now you can only have set playlists.

And sana ability to play videos in your phone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple Announces 'CarPlay, iOS Vehicle Integration Feature