New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pa post naman ng shops. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    real portable aircons or those evaporative coolers ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the *real* portable ACs with the compressor, refrigerant and all.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    question: what if you just buy a window type AC, then put it in a room? Me masamang effect ba? Ung pag drain ng condensation can be remedied easily, but what concerns me s that usually kasi the backside is sticking out of the room, to open air; what happens when the whole unit is inside the room that it's supposed to cool?

i vividly remember the first MIAA show; me nakalatag na mga window type ACs sa sahig inside the tent. Dunno kung magkaka long term damage sa ACs kung ganun, but the place did feel cooler.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    question: what if you just buy a window type AC, then put it in a room? Me masamang effect ba? Ung pag drain ng condensation can be remedied easily, but what concerns me s that usually kasi the backside is sticking out of the room, to open air; what happens when the whole unit is inside the room that it's supposed to cool?

i vividly remember the first MIAA show; me nakalatag na mga window type ACs sa sahig inside the tent. Dunno kung magkaka long term damage sa ACs kung ganun, but the place did feel cooler.
    Yung back ng window AC is the heat exhaust generated by the motor so definitely it should be sticking outside the room, if not you will overworked you AC and will consume lots of electricity.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    something like this?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    The heat from the back side of a window-type A/C must be vented outside the room to be cooled. Otherwise, the net temperature change will be zero or actually might get hotter due to the work done by the A/C itself.

It is possible to modify a standard window type A/C into a "portable" style A/C but it might not be thermally efficient.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm...tingin ko possible eh, you just need to seal off and insulate the whole backend, and vent the hot air to the outside somehow. Kaso sobrang hassle na ata. And ung noise pa.

sir uls, ganun nga ung nakikita ko sa net. locally available ba siya?

btw, i've asked around, Ace and SM Appliance do have portable ACs, though kelangan me work order pa. Amcor and Gree ung inalok sa brands, 1.0Hp unit is around 21-22k pesos.

Di ba matagal na ung Gree dito sa RP? OK ba quality?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may nag iimport ng nasa pic, i just can't remember which company

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i've never seen a portable A/C here in the philippines. all that i can see are portable A/coolers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
anyone selling portable air conditioners here in RP?